Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Of a woman

I look across at the woman who has just made coffee and is now reading the newspaper, whose eyes look tired and desperate, who does not always show her affection in gestures, the woman who made me say 'yes' when I wanted to say 'no', who forced me to fight for what she believed was my reason for living, who let me set off alone because her love for me was greater than her love for herself, who made me go in search of my dream;

and suddenly, seeing that small quiet woman, whose eyes said more than any words, who was often terrified inside but always courageous in her actions, who could love someone without humbling herself and who never apologised for fighting for her man, suddenly, my fingers press down the keys.

I wish I can be that woman...capable of loving someone purely, allowing him to reach for his dreams, making him believe that he has a lot to offer.

I wish he knows I'm there for him... like he has been there for me all these while...

I wish him happiness in life, even if it means that it may not include me... For seeing him happy and at peace make me content...

I wish I am capable of unconditional love..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unconditional love?
Maybe it sounds so impossible,but who knows what Allah has planned for us,right?
Pray hard,sis.. insyaAllah..

p/s:glad to be back too.. :)

Ms B said...

I think it takes a strong person to be able to have unconditional love. To love a person for who he/she is, accepting their weakness and strength, to bring the best out of them even if it means sacrificing your own need.

Glad to know you are back! Maybe I should write about Dr Karev. ;)