Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy endings?

Tonight's Californication episode had a sad ending. On arrival at Karen's house, Hank bumped into Karen (the ex-wife) and Becca (their daughter) at the front door. Karen was rushing to see Mia (her fiance's daughter) who got herself into men & drug trouble. So Hank insisted on accompanying Karen, leaving their 12 year old daughter all by herself. Oh yeah, Hank slept with Mia before (before they knew they were actually connected i.e. Mia's dad is seeing Hank's ex wife!).

When they got back, Hank went to see Becca to wish her good night and to say that he'll make it up to her another day. Earlier on, they had a discussion on happy endings, about having realistic hopes. Becca said, "It's ok dad. I know you dont mean to let me down. But you always do. And sometimes, when it becomes too often, at the end of the day, we just say 'f*** off'. Here's your change, dad. You can keep it."

As much as she wants to believe that her dad wants to be there for her, it just doesnt happen. Action speaks louder than words. Too many disappointments that she feels that when it comes to him, her expectation must be realistic.

When the statement comes from your own child, the cut goes deeper......

ps: I had to decline two dates that would have been the highlights of my life. One was last week, to watch a football match and definitely dine with hot-looking footballers. *winks* Mr Milan's team qualified to the Euro 2008 games. Tomorrow, to watch a theatre. I've been busy for the past few weeks and any free time that I have, I want to spend it with my girl. The dates can wait.

3 comments:

HANAFIAH ABDUL RAHMAN said...

Hi 'am,

Like the tune. Who is it? Anyway dont worry about the date. Got married at 38. Now too busy chasing my boy-6 and girl-2 that I can't find time listen to nice tune.

Hj Hanafiah
oxymarmoratus.blogpot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

That's the right attitude. The dates can wait. Your lil one comes first.

Well there you go! Tap yourself for making a wise decision. Knowing our priorities is key. Take care and enjoy quality time with lil one. Hugs.

Ms B said...

Hi Hanafiah,

Thanks for dropping by. It's Jason Mraz, an old song.

Ruby dear,

My dates can wait but not sure for how long. hehhehe... It's hard to find someone who can see beyond 'me'. I'm a plain Jane, who hardly dress up nor groom. Find it lucky to have them asking me out (the usual of course. Other men will run away. hehhe..)

Whatever it is, lil one comes first.

Hugs..