Sunday, November 18, 2007

How do you manage?

That seems to be the most asked question by my colleagues/directors these days.

Of late, I have too much things on my plate. Deadlines (never work with bankers, unless of course you are one. Then you have control of things. *smiles *), family life (new nanny, school's meeting), etc. I was working so hard last week that I hardly spoke to anyone, which is unlike me to do so. Ms Argentina kept saying how quiet I had been lately. Even coffee rounds were minimised.

I wish I have the answer. Sometimes I ask myself the same. But if I think about it too much, I'm sure I'd get stressed out. And nothing gets done when you are stressed.

One thing for sure, without my daughter's support, I wouldnt be able to do whatever I'm doing.

ps: Should read the "Law of Attraction". Read a few articles about it in the past and a book at lunch time today. I forgot the author's name but I will try to write a posting on it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

Don't worry about it. It is a normal cycle of life. We get into this impossible times..just soldier on. You're right, don't dwell about it. Just do. The next thing you'll find things will just ease out. Take care.

Kak Teh said...

ms istanbul, the title of this entry reminds me of one article i wrote years ago - how do i manage in a foreign land. I just dont think about it - and get on with life. If we stop to think, i dont think we are able to go on. But let me tell you something. I was in paris with a colleague. We arrived early, thanks to the new Eurostar . Then there's the transport strike in Paris - so we were confined to our room for the rest fo the day. For the first time, we snuggled into the duvet and slept and slept. Sleep was such a luxury! We realised that, that was what we needed. Sleep.
And you know what else I treasure? Long train journeys. That is the time I can be by myself with my thoughts. But having said that - lets meet up for lunch or dinner.

Ms B said...

Hi Kak Ruby,

Maybe to me, it is not such a big deal but for others (my colleagues), they feel it's quite challenging. Perhaps they have a point. They normally see mothers working part-time or in most cases for my directors, the wife stays home and manages the family.

I guess it's because I had far more challenging work back home. I appreciate the hours I'm doing at the moment. It may seem long for others but it's still manageable for me. :-)


Kak Teh dear,

I remember our discussion on this. We make things work for us if we are determined enough. Limitation is in the mind. I love my work and I love our simple life here. If you are passionate enough, you'll find a way to resolve or minimise the challenges. :-)

We should have a proper lunch!!!! *smiles*