Monday, October 01, 2007

When friendship becomes more...

I stumbled into "The Yoga Instructor"’s blog and somehow I can relate myself to her recent posting.

"Every girl who's been in love has their own Mr. Big.Tall, dark, impossibly handsome, (used-to-be if not still) married, successful type. Owh, just your type."

My Mr Big will be in town. Best friend passed some (well, more like loads!) of stuffs back home for me. I feel so bad that he is carrying them. But that’s him. The occasional things he does for me are awesome, the ones you cant forget easily.

Best friend has always been good in giving the great advice. Live life to the fullest with no regrets. I have no regrets with my past. It shapes me today, be it good or bad. I think I’m a better person now than before. I try to appreciate the small things in life.

But some things, well, the good things that you MIGHT have missed, keep coming back to you, keep haunting you, that YOU should have done something about it.

Well, this Mr Big, is someone close to my heart, without me putting down my walls. Yes. I can not and shall not let down my fences. Best friend thinks I’m capable of doing the impossible, of not letting my fences down. The last time I did, I almost gave my heart away. And it took me some time to get over it.

Best friend thinks I’m strong enough to enjoy the moment without falling. She reckons I should enjoy the moment and just spend time together. After all, a girl only gets to be pampered once in a while, and it’s good to spend time with someone you care, someone you can be yourself with.
It becomes clear to me that maybe I’m not meant to be with anyone. Maybe I’m meant to have meaningful relationship with good friends, people who care and want the best thing in life for me. After all, part of my success is due to their never-ending support.

Mr Big never showers me with gifts. He gives something more valuable. His time. The last exam I had, he was there for me most of the time. Being the chauffer to see my study-mates, download/print stuffs from work, etc. He even took the time to spend "teh tarik" supper the night before my exam. For a person who has a senior position in a large company back home, I truly appreciate his gestures.

And you know what….the only person who can make me go back will be him.

Ps: I seriously need mental and emotional help. I have to stop watching Grey’s Anatomy.

Pss: I think I’m going to hate GA season 4. Meredith and McDreamy breaks up. Darn!

3 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Aaah, Ms Istanbul, life is but a big soap opera! How I wish I was fly on the wall when you were having teh tarik!
Have fun back home, hug Ruby for me, kiss little for me too and come back soon. Miss bumping into you at street corners!
By the way, you'll be missing a big do on 6th October! Take care.

*fizzy* said...

Dear Ms Istanbul..
[I find it quite awkward to address you like this,actually.. perhaps I can call you "Kak [your name here]".. it's more polite, I think, as I'm your junior.. :)]

I've yet to find my Mr Tall, Dark and Handsome.. LOL.
But similar to your Mr Big, I've a friend whom I can call my best friend..
We're always there for each other, but no mushy² feelings involved lah between us.
Some people say that it's impossible for a boy+girl [or shall I say man+woman] to be best friends, but I beg to differ.
In my case, it's possible.

Psstt.. the new layout kinda represent myself now.. am not as cheerful as before I guess.. ;|

Anonymous said...

Kak Teh dear,

I've been back (London) for a while. My Mr Big has meetings here. :-) I wont miss the bid Do this Saturday.

Fizzy,

Ms Istanbul is fine. ;-) No need to address kakak (left college looonggg time ago).

Your friend is a version of Mr Big. Friendship is priceless.

My Mr Big, we started as friends. And even after a few years, the friendship (and romance) is still there.

Sometimes I feel we are those old couples, still in love....