Thursday, October 04, 2007

A night to remember...

It was a romantic dinner for two in a posh hotel. A stem of blossomed red rose in the middle, with rich chocolate brownie and ice cream as dessert. Simply blissful..

When I was younger, I never recalled of having these romantic dinners, you know, the type that takes your breath away. Maybe I did. But I guess what’s important is not the setting, it’s who you spend it with. It’s the companion…And it was Mr Big.

People often mistake that affection can only be expressed with physical gestures. Personally, I feel more intimate when I could spend hours talking to someone close to my heart. And we had a few hours of talking. From our careers, life, future, our past and emotions.

One of the things I asked Mr Big was whether I was coping being a single parent here. His answer amazed me. He said, “frankly, it doesn’t matter where for you are a strong person, capable of raising your girl by yourself. London, KL or wherever, you will do fine.”

And as a dear friend, he wants the best thing in life for me. “You have been through a lot and you deserve a good man. Someone better than me.”

Sometimes the best thing in life is already in front of you. It just comes in a different package. It’s there for you to take and cherish but maybe in a different way. Maybe this is why Mr Big is in my life.

And now, he has left…once again taking a piece of my heart..

But you know what…somehow I think I’ll be ok. More importantly, I know I am happy. For I know that no matter how far, no matter how long, I’m always close to his heart and vice versa. For I know I have a true friend whenever I need one….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Ms Istanbul,
I was smiling all the way while reading this post.
An so glad to know that you're happy.
[Frankly, I'm a bit jealous too..heheheheh..]

Me+my 'Mr Big' share nothing more than a friendship.
Because for me, I think we'd never fit to be more than friends..
But the best part is we can always turn to each other whenever we have problems.
That's important,kan?

*hugs+kisses from me*

Ms B said...

Fizzy dear,

Every girl loves an element of romance in their life. It adds colours in a blank page, spices in a meal, something to feed your soul.

Yes, some "Mr Big" are just meant to be friends. Somehow we know we dont have any emotional attachment to them.

And you are right, having someone to turn on to, regardless when and where, is very vital. As long as they make you happy, hang on to their friendship. After all, life is a journey and too short to waste. ;-)

hugs n kisses