Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blogging

Best friend: "People can make their own mind and dont need your blog to do that."

*smiles*

Only two people know the existence of my blog, best friend and another good friend. One is too busy with work whilst the other has more important issue than reading my blog i.e. getting rid of his cancer.

Which is why best friend gave the best statement ever. People can think on their own, do their analysis, to make judgement. They dont need to read blog to do that, especially from someone they have never met in their entire life.

ps: This kind of reminds me of Kak Teh's entry a few months back ie about women blogger lie. We cant change their mindset, right Kak Teh?

pss: Raya was awesome! Tiring (I made a few dishes for 30+ people) but awesome.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

It is hard or rather almost impossible to change the mindset of smug adults, proud adults, egoistic adults, know-it-all adults, holier-than-thou adults..the rest, yes we can change their mindset especially wonderful kids.

You cooked for 30? Well done you. Glad you had great raya. I had a meaningful raya.

My love to you and lil one. Hugs.

Kak Teh said...

wow, you cooked for thirty? It has been a while since I did that. I went to five houses and that's it. Too much food, too many people and most of all this raya is stressful as this is the first time being driven around by daughter who just passed her driving test...u can imagine the stress. And as for changing mindset - dont bother. For most people it is too late.

D said...

I only cooked on the third day - laksa johor for 6 kids and 9 adults. Only went to one house each day but was still very hectic because we had our 'Open House' at the hosp! Hope I'm not too late - Eid Mubarak!

Lee said...

Hello LadyIstanbul, sorry was not able wish you 'selamat hari raya' but was tied up with my sister-in-law's 2 weeks visit with us to see our Fall colours and Niagara Falls. They gone back to KL last Friday.
Anyway, here's hoping you and family had a fabulous Raya and good eats of rendang, ketupat, dodol and other goodies.
Best wishes to you, UL.

Ms B said...

Kak Ruby dear,

Sometimes it gets too tiring to try to make people to understand or to explain to them. We worry too much what others think about us that we forget more important things in life.

I dont explain. They can analyse on their own, usually something will lead to their own conclusion without me contributing my thoughts.

Glad to hear you had a meaningful raya.

Hugs..

Kak Teh dear,

Ahhhh...I can sense the stress. I bet I'd be in the same shoes in 10 years time.

And yes, you are right. For most people, it is too late. There is no point explaining.

D,

My next mission is to make laksa johor. :D NOt sure my colleagues will like it tho. ;-)

Uncle,

Yes, I read your blog. NO wonder you were silent. Glad to know they had fun (and so did you). Pics are so lovely..