Saturday, July 31, 2010

Two weeks summary

I promised Momster that I shall update this blog tonight, thus here I am trying to keep my eyes wide awake and compose something in an orderly manner without the help of caffeine as I had three doses of those today alone.

Oh by the way, I truly enjoyed myself today. Too bad our kids couldn’t tag along and I am sure the young lady would have enjoyed speaking to your boy. *winks*

Anyway, it has been more than two weeks since we got back to tanahair. As like your usual ‘balik kampung’ trip, ours is not spared from trying to squeeze time to meet people and tick those on the ‘to-do’ list. It seems everyone would like a piece of us when we could only offer so much. Space and time are proven scarce, thus explains my lack of blogging (and blog-hop). I apologise to my dearest ‘kakis’. Fret not as you are still close to my heart and even when I am away from the blogosphere, I try my best to continue being your texting buddy.

As much as I want to stuff myself with delicious local food, I begin to realise that my stomach can no longer expand as it used to in the past. There is a limit in my calories intake but suffice to say, I think I have done myself proud and managed to cover nasi lemak kerang, satay, mee goreng mamak, ikan patin asam pedas, durian, rambutan, to name a few.

My daily mocha dose has been replaced with teh tarik and Nescafe, making sure they are served with less sugar of course. From time to time when I start missing the usual atmosphere, I purposely arrange to meet at cafes which serve decent coffees.

Initially I was looking forward to this trip. I was under the impression that some things remained the same or perhaps showed signs of improvement. Oh boy was I wrong. There were times that I felt compelled expressing my views but I knew they could only be accepted by those who have an open mind. I am adjusting my expectation as I go along as well as managing those around me, the young lady in particular.

Without a doubt, both of us miss London and I am doing my best to make sure the feeling doesn’t escalate. I remind her and myself that change is good. It doesn’t help when I miss the better half badly which I find it strange as distance has always been in our dictionary. Even the young lady is sensing his absence and quickly interrupts whenever he’s on the line.

Yet I know my place is here. For now, I am using this opportunity to spend time with my loved ones. I am doing my best to fulfil the many roles I am required. As much as I yearn for his presence, I have these responsibilities to shoulder and I couldn’t have done it without his support and blessings.

Sometimes it takes a moment like this to make us appreciate those special people in our life. *smiles
*

6 comments:

The Momster said...

Finally an update! :)

Yes, I enjoyed myself too and felt bad having to leave a tad too early. I yang tak balik from anywhere ni pun have so many ppl to attend to! Haha.

Enjoy your stay, and see you again soon!

D said...

:) Just enjoy yourself with your family back home, dear. Hugs to the angel!

Jumper said...

It really hurts yearning for someone else's presence. Sometimes I wonder aren't our lives good enough to be self-reliant and independant? Ms B, I haven't feeling like this for so long and reading your blog makes me mushy tonite....

Ms B said...

Momster,

Told you I'll update. ;)

I am trying my best to catch up without burning myself down. Somehow I am losing weight! yikes!

Ms B said...

D,

Thanks darling! I hope I remember to eat those hard to find dishes.

Ms B said...

Jumper,

I think once we get ourselves attached to someone, the yearn for their presence is norm. Having hectic lifestyle makes it easier to cope as our mind is always working and has no time to sense their absence.