Monday, July 05, 2010

A refreshing start

I do not know where to begin. One thing for sure, our life changed the moment we stepped into this city.

Gone are the days of tubes and red double-deckers for our mode of transportation. Grey cloudy skies are replaced with clear blue backdrop and blazing sunshine. Ice-cream parlours and sweet delicacies cafes can be seen in every block.

On our first day, I was extremely tired and sleepy as our flight arrived after midnight as well as the lack of rest due to packing, cleaning and “emptying” our flat in London a few days before. The cleaning lady came that day and I never felt so much lighter knowing my laundry would be in good hands. She knew we were about to go out and asked if I needed any ironing done. I couldn’t remember the last time I wore anything ironed by someone else. It also felt nice when I was referred as ‘madam’. *grins*

As we enjoyed our outing, for once in many days I felt peaceful as if all my burdens were lifted. The stress I experienced over the past few weeks seemed to have disappeared.

Of course we had another wave of roller-coaster. We spent our days searching for the right place and school. Today we finally made an offer on an abode chosen by the young lady. It is a stark contrast to our cosy 2 bedroom flat back in UK as the young lady will get to enjoy a shared garden right outside the patio. She even said that she would be able to mingle with neighbours within this low-rise development of twelve units or so. The rooftop terrace has enough space for her gardening experiment which I believe would only take place when the temperature is milder. Until then, I have a feeling she will be spending her time indoor in our planned study room/library.

The nearest school is only 5 minutes away but they are not accepting applications as their waiting list is already long. Thankfully, there is a new school which is within 15 minutes drive. It is also smaller compare to others i.e. each year has 1 or 2 classes, a good transition from her previous school which had one class per year.

As we have more or less sorted these two main items, we can finally go on an outing to a neighbouring city, hoping for a close encounter with the friendliest sea-animal. I am sure it will put a smile on the young lady’s face as she has been missing her friends terribly. We are adjusting and coping with these changes, slowly but surely
.

14 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Ah! you're back! I was beginning to miss you :)

IDB said...

Oh you've moved? wow, that was quick!
Am happy to read that you've settled down in the new place. i love the sound of blazing sun and clear blue skies, perhaps a bbq in the garden next ?

all the best for little B in the new school, im sure she'll make lots of new friends.

good luck with the sea animals too! ;)

toughcookie said...

you're already back in tanahair for your break?

toughcookie said...

you're already back in tanahair for your break?

ZF said...

Hi miss B, been your silent reader for quite some time. U've dropped comments at my blog before.. i mean a very long time ago.. heheheh

anyway, are you back in Msia? all the best to you and the lil angel. :-)

Cosmic_GurL said...

Hey you! So when ru coming back to msia again? Must compile list of eateries to visit okay..hehehe

Maz said...

Alhamdullilah!I was wondering kemana pindahnya...lama tak dengar cerita.

Ms B said...

Naz,

Yes I'm back. Finally I have time to breathe and our mini holiday yesterday was awesome. I shall blog about it in due course.

Ms B said...

IDB,

I was planning to be here for 2 weeks to get things sorted, then head to Malaysia. Hopefully we can leave early next week and spend 2 months in the land of nasi lemak.

Funny you mentioned the bbq. The corner unit has a private garden which will be excellent for such party. Mini B will have a great time at the new school which has superb facilities (they even hv proper science labs like high schools).

Ms B said...

TC,

Not yet. We plan to be back by next week and get more things sorted by then.

Ms B said...

Hi ZF,

Oh my! I bet I cant remember which blog as age is catching up on me. It'd be nice if you can leave your caller ID. We are still outside of SEA region and I am hoping we get to be back by next week.

Ms B said...

CG,

Harus!!!! I will list down all the things that I plan to eat. Even last nite when we went out to a neighbouring city, I searched high and low for a good asian restaurant. Thankfully their tomyum and nasi goreng (which my daughter requested) were good.

Ms B said...

Hi Maz,

I didnt have the luxury to blog before as my hands were tied. Yet I doubt I have time to do so when I'm back in Msia as I'd be preoccupied with lots of eating & teh tarik activities.

D said...

eh, I thought I left a comment in this entry?! Blogger's been a little naughty nowadays, so it's no big surprise..

Now you must enjoy yourself like tourists!!