Tuesday, August 24, 2010

High School Musical no more

After three nights in a row having dinner at fine dining places, all I wanted tonight was to chill at a mamak joint or equivalent. Thankfully my two buddies were game for it and we decided at this corner restaurant in Telawi. Since Ramadan commenced, I had yet to taste a cup of teh tarik, thus the strong urge to have a sip of this local favourite.

True enough, I had two mugs of this drink and as a result, my mind decides to stay fresh at this hour. I hope I can wake up for sahur and not drift to dreamland.

I wasn’t planning to write but why waste this energy as I know my thoughts are composed better when everyone is having a stroll in their dream. I only wish that I have nicer things to write when truthfully, all I can think of is sarcasm.

People are prone to change but I am sure we expect better from those who are close or used to be in good terms with us. Somehow our act of kindness goes right down the drain, resulting the uncalled behaviour or reaction.

Come to think of it, it wasn’t me who remembered what I did for these people. Instead, it was my friends who highlighted and that annoyed them.

But hey, when there is a domineering party who loves to be the centre of attention, eventually others who get close will get infected. It is not surprising when they too start to portray similar traits.

Anyway, I am learning my lesson. I should be careful where generosity is concerned. I shall think many times before I let a ‘friend’ uses my car, wears my clothes or stays at my place. They could be wearing a different mask in future.

Some people are still living in the past and who they were before is more relevant than what they have become. Others have achieved significant milestone and I believe that matters more than having a so-called ‘colourful’ background.

Even the young lady and her friends have stopped following High School Musical. If only adults share the same sentiment and move on
.

2 comments:

Pak Idrus said...

Ms.B. that a beautiful narrative of thoughts of the reality of life. The TT is part of our culture now, so is the Mee Mamak at the corner stall. Like you I did enjoy those wonderful simple dishes, from time to time and yesterday I got myself a takeaway Mee Mamak from KLCC and at home everyone enjoyed it.

As for been generous, well we too learn as we journey on in life. I normally do no let others use my car or my condo. Only the few that I know who could follow my set standard that I allow to use my car or my condo in Malacca. They are not many and I am happy to those that had used it. Well generosity does has it limit.

Have a nice day.

HH said...

Kindness is a gift from God to be shared.

I am also guilty of the same views. There are times when I feel that people don't remember the good deeds we have done for them but here's the thing, some will cite the perfect saying, "jgn mengungkit". I guess after many times of being stabbed at the back or act of ingratefulness, I guess I will have to learn my lesson and stay away.

:)

P.S : Hey, you're back in KL ke? When did this happened? (so last news of me!!) Welcome home!