Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mrs Popular?

At the school compound yesterday,

Girl: Why didnt you come to the museum?
Me: Oh, your class teacher asked me at the last minute and I had already made plans.
Girl: But he said you could join us anytime during the day.
Me: I know. Maybe next time, ok?
Girl: Thank you! You are the best. *with a big hug*
Me: *stunned*

FYI, the girl is the young lady's classmate and I was overwhelmed by her level of affection. Apparently the young lady said that her friends adore me (with a tinge of proud in her remark).

If I start bringing muffins or puffs to school, I wonder how many hugs would I get from these kids. Did I mention that these days the young lady gets warm serunding puffs for her tea? *smiles*

8 comments:

... said...

it's a great feeling scoring points with the kids.
i scrubbed my house 3 times when my nieces / nephews coming over.

The Momster said...

I'd like to be a popular mum too one day! :D

...and warm serunding puffs? I'm amazed (and a bit jealous), really! :P

Naz in Norway said...

Errr...any plans to be popular in Norway? ;)

Ms B said...

darlene,

I was stunned when that girl suddenly wrapped herself around me. They have been seeing me often at their workshops/projects that probably they started to feel more affectionate. Anyway, it's good to be around them

Ms B said...

Momster,

When I was working, a few girls in her class adored my outfit. Now, i scored points for just helping out at school. I must admit one must have a lot of energy to keep up with these kids.

I make chicken with white sauce puffs too (big size for dinner). I shall tell you a secret to get it done nicely. *wink*

Ms B said...

Naz,

Competition is high in Norway. You guys make delicious pancakes, bread and cheesecake. Too hard to win. *LOL*

IDB said...

Warn serunding puffs? Sounds yummy! Must get the recipe since I have so much serunding in my house in Dublin :)

and you must have the X factor when you're popular with the kids...hehe

Ms B said...

IDB,

There's a secret ingredient. :-) I managed to clear a packet of serundings, 2 large ones to go.

I think kids just love getting attention. Once you focus on them, they will definitely look up on you.