Monday, March 01, 2010

Between mocha, haircut and model on-the-go

It was a beautiful day. The temperature was mild and the sun was out, giving the warmth feeling which many have been wishing for. The winter spell has lasted longer than expected this year. It was nice to see clear skies and sunshine.

I decided to wear denim skirt matched with knee-high boots. After dropping the young lady at school, I thought it’d be good to have a date with my stylist. When I completed my errands, I grabbed a tall mocha with cream on top and a newspaper before heading to his place. I was the only customer there and that gave me an opportunity to relax and unwind (e.g. gossip with him). I never bother to specify what needs to be done with my hair. As always, I simply allowed him to use his creativity.

He said I looked vibrant and energetic, perhaps due to this break. In fact, I have been stopped a few times on whether I’d be interested to be a model which I believe was prompted due to height and skinny size. I was told that it’s common for them to find one on the street. A friend got to be a hair model and for a few hours of work, the pay was not bad at all. She even gets free haircuts from then onwards.


Picture from RL.com

I’m not easily swayed by these tempting offers, unless of course they throw in some freebies such as shoes, clothes or bags. Now that’s what we call as a great bargain. *grins* The girlfriend said as long as they dont involve ‘au-naturel’, there is no harm in giving it a go. Just make sure arm candy and sexy soles are part of the deal. *lol*

I should really start calling the shipping company and get things moving. It seems there are many things that keep me occupy and I must admit that I am enjoying every minute of it! I even managed to have a half-an-hour chat with my dad who said I’m doing the right thing for taking a break after more than a decade in this highly-demanding profession. Previously, our conversations are always short and only last ten minutes the most, unless there is an issue involved.

As I picked up the young lady, a mom asked “are you off work today?” Obviously I was never around to pick her before or hardly participated in school activities. I only attend unlike some parents who have the luxury to contribute their time and effort.

Me: “I resigned a few weeks ago. Just taking a break for some time.”
The mom: “You are a lawyer, right?”
Me: “Nope. I’m xxxx”
The mom: “Oh yeah. That’s even worse. You practically dont have a life.”

Need I say more? Now let’s have some fun! *grins*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The l'il one is sooo cute! You practically don't have a life... spot on? ;)

If you are staying, should give the modelling job a go, you know! The height and the figure is one thing, your exotic looks must've attracted their attention too! :D

Ms B said...

Momster,

Not surprisingly, girls with my skin tone are considered exotic here and many would love to hv what we have. However, it is the opposite back home, hence explains the lack of attention from malay men.

Tak laku di negara sendiri kerana muka jawa. LOL!