Sunday, December 21, 2008

What do you wish for?



Christmas is just around the corner. We decided to go to The Shopping Mall of the West End. We didn’t have anything planned for the day and I thought to check out the new place. The crowd was manageable. The lil one felt it reminded her of the malls back home. We went in and out of shops, trying to find a pair of boots for me but as always, we always find things that we want and not that we need. I found a few very nice pairs of shoes. It was very tempting to grab them but guilt consumed me, thus I managed to control those urges. Perhaps it could be the reason why I can’t sleep tonight as the image of the shoes keeps appearing. Hopefully I won’t dream of them.

I know it is not easy to prioritise our shopping list. The way we handle the list will usually correlate with our circumstances; students, working persons, singles, couples, parents etc. It is expected for grown-ups to have that thinking.

Yet, to see the same process is applied by my girl touches me. After all, she is a child who has many things in her wish list. She hardly asks for anything, even when we are in a shop full of fancy toys. All she’d do is to have a look and explore. The exception is books, whereby if she likes something, there is no need for her to ask. I will get them as I know she never gets bored.

I also realise how much she appreciates other things in life. Just the other day she had her school play and she knew I’d be coming along. She didn’t expect to see her “sisters” to be there. It really made her day. She was smiling and full of cheerful vibes for the whole day.

For this Christmas, I know what she is wishing for. I am sure that will make her happy. As for me, I suppose Christmas came early with the presence of good friends and warm thoughts from loved ones afar.

So what do you wish for?

14 comments:

Inah said...

I wish for a boyfriend!! hahahaha..and also happiness to my fav blogger ~ Ms B :)

Inah said...

second comment..i'm so touched with the vid clip :)

christmas is all about spending time with your loved ones :)

n.i. said...

i wish for happiness all the way... ;-)

btw, the shopping list i usually have in my handbag usually end up in the bin, without even being looked at while shopping hahaha

p/s: u taught ur daughter well :-)

Ms B said...

inah,

*LOL* boyfriend? How we wish it can be that simple, eh?

Oh, thank you for the kind wish. U too dear.

Ms B said...

opps, i accidently pressed the button before replying the second comment. I love the clip! Booth's gesture is sweet.

It is not just on Christmas day. Every important event, it is all about having your loved ones by your side.

Ms B said...

n.i.,

I hardly have a list, hence my girl always complains on my lack of memory. It means trip to the shop twice! *LOL* Dah tua kan.

Ah, but the shoes which were on sales were gorgeous. Harga pun gorgeous jugak. Mimpi pun, mimpilah. Not the time to spend.

as for my girl, sometimes I feel she teaches me more often than I to her.

I wish you happiness and enjoy the last few days of 2008.

Cosmic_GurL said...

I wish for a stork to drop me a lil bundle of joy :)

Ms B said...

CG,

I sincerely hope you will get that wish.

Happy holidays dear.

Anonymous said...

Ms B,
we are so much alike... guilt is almost always there!

I wish for good health & happiness this new year... nothing else, for now! ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Ms B,

Oh what a touching clip indeed. Christmas has that effect on many of us.

Oh when I was younger my wish list was so long.

Now my wish list is safety & happiness for my loved ones always..insy. Amin.

I love lil Ms B's attitude. May she grow into a wonderful & caring lovely lady. I know she's your pride & joy & rightly so.

Happy hols dear.

... said...

...extra zeros for my bank account balance... (and everyone else's too, of course).

Ms B said...

momster,

Tell me about it. There were times that I took leave just to buy my own things but I always ended up buying stuff for others or worse, empty handed. *LOL* esp now wth the recession, have to think many times to buy.

A good wish indeed. *smiles*

Ms B said...

Hi Ruby,

U know, a few of my friends said that they miss Christmas here. The atmosphere is so lively, altho I think this year it is a tiny bit gloomy with the recession and all.

I learn a lot from mini B. On her performance day, it was the presence of her kakaks and me that really made her happy.

I wish you happiness. *smiles*

Ms B said...

darlene,

*grins* oh yes, that would be really nice!!