Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Trying

"The early bird catches the worm; a stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we haven't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to ‘seize the day'. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore, until we finally understand for ourselves like Benjamin Franklin meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping. And that even the biggest failure, even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying."

5 comments:

simah said...

dalamnya meaning entry ni..

happy belated mother's day... :0)

dah pi massage?

Ms B said...

Thanks dear! Happy mother's day to u too! But I heard it's in May in Turkey.

Ha ah, dah massage. Si kecik tuh dok urut badan mak dia. Jari2 halus. But the thoughts and efforts count, yeah.

Anonymous said...

:) sweet nya the reply abt the massage tu...

entry tu mmg dalam..:)

idham

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

I love every saying here. It is so motivating for me you know. None of us can ever avoid making mistakes. It is the mistakes that make us better and stronger people in the end. Mistakes too bring in on the better values in people, about being humble, about being kinder, about being more sensitive to others.

'And that even the biggest failure, even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying'.

I agree with above a 100%. It is through mistakes that made what I am today. It is the thought of not fearing making mistakes that brought me to places far and wide and experiences that have only be enriching.

I can see you are heading there dear.

Ms B said...

Id,

My lil one is always sweet. I think I miss her more than she misses me.

Kak Ruby,

The only way you learn is to take ownership of your actions, be it good or bad. Family and friends can only advise but at the end of the day, it is you who will face the music.

This is what keeps me going... :D