Friday, March 23, 2007

The price of....

2 hours after his arrival, he received a phone call. We (plus the lil one) were in Harrods, shopping and having tea. His PA, NC, called, said that there is an urgent meeting in Rome on Friday and his presence is required. There is no way he could miss it. He was upset. NC asked me to persuade him to attend the meeting as it is very important.

My first taste of being with someone very important. At any point of time, his presence is required, and I have to accept him leaving immediately. I had to reason with him, said that me and the lil one could spend time again with him. There will be other occasions or school holidays that will allow us to meet.

He left today just after lunch. Before we went to school, we stopped by at his hotel and had breakfast together. By the way, he usually stays at Savoy but because this hotel is closer to my house, he ‘downgrades’ his preference for our convenience.

Tonight, I invited a friend to join us to theatre. So it’ll be a girls’ night out. Mr Milan got us good seats, judging the price he paid for it.

Hmmm, I cant deny that I wish he didn’t have to leave. It’d be nice to spend time together, despite the language barrier (He thinks my Italian is improving).

The price of being with someone important…..it hurts…

ps: now the bag of goodies meant nothing. Yes, it was a bag of few gifts, nicely wrapped with ribbons.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

'Now the bag of goodies meant nothing. Yes, it was a bag of few gifts, nicely wrapped with ribbons'.

I can identify with this. I have never looked at anybody's crown, fame or fortune. To me I always seek out the real person. I

simah said...

for him to *downgrade* for u is such a sweet gesture..

maybe next time, eh? ur bro will be coming anyway...so..ur bro.. mr milan.. ur daughter n u... the more the merrier :0)