Thursday, March 01, 2007

Napoli pt I

The first thing I noticed about our flight to Milan was the style of Italian people. Eccentric! Most of the passengers on my flight were wearing weird stuffs. Different colours on each shoes, shocking colours outfit, some kind of remind me Boy George time. But hey, it was Milan Fashion Week. I think these people were most likely involved with the show.

We met Mr Milan during the stopover, where we then continued our journey to Napoli. During that flight, Mr Milan couldn’t help noticing how “motherly” I am. “Very mummy”, he said. My handbag was filled with choc and snacks, mineral water, wipes, extra underpants. I made sure the little one was drinking enough water and munching reasonably. He was also impressed that I got the Italian phrasebook (also in my handbag).

When we arrived, we were greeted by our chauffer who was wearing a suit. We headed to our hotel and the traffic was as bad as KL or Bangkok. But being in a nice car, you can easily cut your way through. As we approached the hotel, it was exactly as I imagined.

The hotel faces the bay. There were small yachts parked nicely in rows. I could see Mount Vesuvius and the Capri. As we entered into the hotel, we were greeted by the hotel staffs and management. Everyone seemed to know him. One of the managers showed us our room.

As she opened the door, me and the little one were shocked. We got the suite! Our rooms were connected with a living room. Me and the little one’s room was bigger than our apartment in London! So you can imagine how huge this suite is. The best surprise was, our suite has a balcony. Mr Milan opened the balcony door and showed us the view. Simply breathtaking…. The view of the sea, Mt Vesuvius and Capri, the yachts, boats were sailing across, the sea breeze. Not to mention the lovely sunshine. The little one was very happy knowing how much she loves sea and boats.

After we have freshen up, we were picked up by the chauffer for dinner. He made a mini tour of the city. It was more relaxing to drive at night as there were less cars. But before we reached our restaurant, Mr Milan had another surprise for the little one. We went to a toy shop. The little one was beaming with smiles and her eyes glowed. I told her to choose only one toy, the one she likes most. After browsing through, she saw her favourite doll, a Winx character named Bloom. Sort of a Barbie but Winx is a cartoon series of good witches. Mr Milan wanted to get more for her but my excuse was our bag was small.

After the pit-stop, we went to the restaurant. It is small and cosy but had lots of pictures hanging on its wall. According to S (the Chauffer), the restaurants had many famous guests. Unfortunately, due to my hunger, I was more interested in getting food than looking at the pictures. Had no idea who they were. We ordered pasta fruitti di mare. Mr Milan ordered entrée for us, consisted of mixed platter of seafood. The little one loved fried small fish. You wouldn’t believe what Mr Milan did? He took out the bones of these small fish so that the little one could eat with ease. They were really tiny, about the size of your thumbs. It was so sweet of Mr Milan.

When our seafood pasta came, once again, he took our plates and took out the shells/clams/all the hard bits. For the first time I could enjoy the juicy lobster without hassle. While we ate our food, the musician came to our table and entertained us with lovely Italian songs.

End of part one.

6 comments:

Kak Teh said...

what a lovely story! For once you dont have to worry about stopping by at you know where to get some take-aways!

Ms B said...

Hi Kak Teh,

I thought you are travelling? STill have time to read blog? ;-) I just updated during my train ride this morning.

It was a stress-free holiday, first time ever.

Anonymous said...

cant wait for the continuation of the story... :0) cepat la cerita.. boleh kan kan kan?dont torture me with the suspence :0)

Ms B said...

Simah,

I busy giler la!!! :P Ni pun dok karang in 3 days, atas train!

Anonymous said...

so that means lagi 3 hari akan keluar la new entry yek? *wink*..just kidding...take ur time... caya la u kat train pon boleh type..

take care... kerja kerja jugak.. rehat jangan lupa... :0)

Ms B said...

Alaa, naik first class. Free wifi. Pasal tuh ler boleh tulis. Kalau tidak, lagi lambat laa simah ooi..

oh yeah, i dh sms Id. Insya-allah meet him this sunday. Only agreed to meet him after reading your comments. hahahhaha...

take care dear.