Friday, October 13, 2006

Wishful thinking

Tonight we’re having iftar outside. Thought of going to Holiday Villa but heard it’ll be packed with politicians and politicians-wannabe. We might head to elsewhere.

Last night, I realised that if anything happens to me, what will happen to the little one? I mean, there are times that I feel her father will be the last to know about her whereabouts. He doesn’t call nor email to ask about her. It has always been me. If one day I stop calling, will he call? Will he know what happened to us? Most importantly, will he know the welfare of the little one should something happen to me?

Being a single parent, you can’t afford to make mistakes at work. You know how important your job is, to provide for your dependants. You can’t screw up. You constantly worry whether you did the right report or provided the right analysis. You worry about the bills and whether we have sufficient funds during rainy days. You always look at the clock to ensure all your timing is right, from making her packed lunch to arriving to work on time and be home at a reasonable hour to tuck her to bed.

I wish one day I can wake up without worrying, that everything will be fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

think about this..
Could you be doing everything that you're not giving a chance to your ex to do his part?...give him a chance, and more time...maybe he's just slow?

Ms B said...

Dear anonymous,

Thank you for hopping by. Life must go on. :-)