Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ayam Masak Lemak

Last weekend, I hosted iftar (on both nights). Saturday was meant for my ex-colleagues whilst Sunday, for close friends of my friend. My friend and his family has left for good on Monday after two years on secondment. They spent 4 nights at my place. It was really nice to have them around. There were 3 kids in the house, so you could imagine how cheerful my place was.

Anyway, I made Ayam masak lemak, udang goreng cili and sambal bilis petai on Saturday. Heaven! How I miss sambal bilis petai. On Sunday, just made sambal tumis sotong and fried sea bass (sort of our ikan siakap). Accompanied with sweet soy sauce and sliced chilli. My kid was totally spoilt. I dont cook a lot nowdays. On weekdays, my nanny will do the cooking. Weekends, if we dont have guests, I'd prefer to eat out. It's only me and her. But I try to cook if I miss certain food.

I wish my friend and his family best of luck and a new beginning at home. They have been there for me during the good and bad times. No words could describe how much I appreciate their thoughts and help.

Good bye dear friends...

No comments: