Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cekodok and celebrity tales

Not wanting to waste the overly ripe bananas, I decided to mash them in a bowl and added flour, salt and sugar. I couldn’t remember the last time I made ‘cekodok’ but I reckoned the formula was about there.

Anyway, they turned out quite nice actually and the young lady was slowly depleting our brunch snack. I wasn’t sure how the partner would react as his first response upon seeing those bananas (before I mashed them) was to throw them away.

Imagine my surprise when he said he liked it; “hmmm, these are nice. It would be better if we serve them with jam and honey”.

Hmm, who would have thought that ‘cekodok’ is a Malay version of scones? *grins*

On another note, while enjoying our coffee at Marina Mall, we saw our picture in the City’s weekly magazine. The Eid gathering that we went was featured in their ‘People and Places’ section and perhaps the dress we wore caught the photographer’s attention. The young lady was beaming with joy and hasn’t stopped talking about being famous.

What the heck? Bukannya senang nak jadi celebrity, kan? *winks
*

5 comments:

... said...

gosh sedapnya cekodok.

D said...

Woo hoo!!! celebrate, babes..!

The Momster said...

cekodok with jam and honey? hmmmm... :D

cool to be featured in the mag... ala2 socialite, though I doubt you'd want to be one ;)

Ms B said...

Darlene,

Mmg sedap! :D

D,

LOL! We swiftly took the mag from the cafe so that people wouldnt notice. The young lady was so kepoh-chi!

Ms B said...

Momster,

The next time I make cekodok (the thick fluffy ones), I'll try eating with jam and honey. :)

Ha ah! Mmg cool. :) But u are spot on. Once in a while is fine but I prefer the lifestyle I have. Casually cruising this journey.