Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Run mummy run

When she woke up this morning, the first thing she said was “I get to see you for the whole day. So I wont miss you today.”

I took the day off as it was her sport’s day, an annual event which I try my best to attend every year. The only thing I didn’t expect was to be participating in an event and oh boy, it really made me realised how unfit I was. I wasn’t planning to but how could I turn down her request, pleading me to join the race? It was a running event and I did ok, considering I never go to the gym (hell, I dont even know how one looks like!). It came to no surprise of who would end up winning the race. The lady was physically fit, with nice muscles on her arms and thighs. Come to think of it, she was geared up for a match or game.

It was a good day and everyone had a blast. We were blessed with nice weather throughout (and I think I’m one tone darker).

And I suppose in her eyes I once again was bestowed with the super cool mom crown.

6 comments:

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

so sweet ms B. you are truly a superMOM ;)

D said...

Auuwww... supercool!!!

toughcookie said...

yeay to mommy!! :D

Ms B said...

jane,

i wanted to avoid from being asked by the teachers but didnt expect her to ask me to join. couldnt say no, right?

D,

as I texted, still bodyache. now i could feel the muscles strained.

TC,

I bet when u attend your kids' sports day, u'd do the same.

Anonymous said...

i heart what she said! ;)

Ms B said...

momster,

i was deeply touched by her words as it was the first thing that came out of her mind.

she made my day right from the start.