Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Hidden talent

When they say you’re working in a fast paced environment, it usually means that things turn around pretty quick. We are committed to deliver regardless of the deadline. Long hours and adhoc travels are the norm.

They should have added that one is required to be physically fit to run from one place to another in heels.

I must have appeared a lunatic, running from one building to another armed with my mobile, trying to resolve the logistic issue for certain things.

Oh well, if I managed to dance in my stilettos during my yesteryears, running in one was a piece of cake. Unfortunately, one needs to consider the age factor and let’s just say that the hot bath I had last night was a remedy.

On another note, a customer service representative called me during the office hours and our conversation went like this:

CS guy: Hello Ms B. I am CS guy calling from XYZ, your utility provider. I would like to tell about our current offers.
Me: Can you please call me at another time? I am in the middle of submitting a report.
CS guy: Oh. That will be inconvenient.

WTH!!!! Aren’t you supposed to be looking after your customer’s needs? If you are trying to promote your stuff and hence, want my money, surely you need to adjust your time at my convenience.

To add sugar to my already overdosed coffee, I went to bed early last night due to the throbbing headache when a neighbour decided that he could be the next Britain's Got Talent. It was indeed challenging to fall asleep.

I hope I remember to get the ear plugs on my way home tonight, just in case the guy decides to practice his singing.

6 comments:

Inah said...

get ready with ur ear plug :)

hi Ms B..it's getting colder here down under :)

D said...

hey you! Just take care you don't break those stilettos, eh? ;)

Ms B said...

inah,

I hope not. maybe his singing isnt that bad but for crying out loud, he should pick a better time to do so.

Enjoy the weather. Go out, wear those fancy boots. *winks*

Ms B said...

d,

Been home late this week and I cant believe it's only wednesday. *sigh* if i knew i had to run that day, i would have worn a pair of flats.

Anonymous said...

ouch! the route from parking lot to my office is a bit 'mencabar' (uneven surface too) you see, and luckily crocs came out with a peep-toe wedge which i felt suitable for office (since my office attire is casual).

so yes, i'm wearing that particular 1 shoe every day now! :P

p.s. why don't you join in the singing?

Ms B said...

momster,

Thats why i love winter/autumn cos i get to wear my supercool flat boots. Stylish yet comfy.

summer time, i finally found a pair of flats (do u know how hard it is to find good reasonable price pairs of non-pig skin?). it's meant for commuting and once in the office, i swap with heels.

ps: nanti ribut petir lah pulak if i were to do so. *lol*