Monday, December 17, 2007

Alpha female

This is dedicated to all my hard-working female readers.

Do you sometimes feel that life is unfair? That some people get things easily. You study hard, graduated from world class institution, work yourself to climb the ladder, do it the right way. Yet somehow, you feel you are not "there" yet.

At times, you are surrounded by people who didnt study much nor work hard, engage into immoral activities etc. Classic example, during your student years, you have friends who are proud of being the candy girls to support their lavish lifestyle. They had the house, car (some even had driver!) and pocket money equivalent to graduate's earnings. Now, 10 years down the road, these girls are still having a good life, (materially) while you are still trying to make you first break (ok, so maybe you are earning above average). Still, you are working your ass to get the right recognition and provide a better life for yourself (to some, to your children).

But then again, come to think of it, these people are still either candy girls, long-term mistress or those who are lucky enough, wife. Yet, what is a marriage if, assume you are the only wife, your hubby has sleeping partners but you are staying in the marriage to sustain your lifestyle or, be the hidden second/third wife and never be acknowledged? Do you reckon these people are actually happy?

We all know that this is still a man's world and we try to make a difference. Like in one of the CSI's episodes:

Lady Heather: Well, you should. It's just about knowing yourself, being strong and not taking any crap from powerful jerks who are used to giving it all day long.
Catherine: Well, death is still a man's business and I don't have to tell you about police work.
Lady Heather: So, how do you survive?
Catherine: By knowing myself and working hard...and by not taking any crap
from powerful jerks who are used to giving it all day long.


So there you go ladies, dont take the crap from ANYONE! Believe in yourself and God's will, you will get your break, your own way. When you do, dont forget your loved ones (in my case, it'll be the luxury holiday for my 3 girls; mini ms istanbul and 2 best friends).

ps: This is a reminder to myself. The one has been telling me that I'm doing a great job as a woman and a mom. I just needed a slap (virtually). So yes, I am happy. *smiles*

8 comments:

D said...

can't agree more. Of course you are happy... just the occasional ups and down. Must try to meet you one day - get some tips! HehE..

Adoiii... that virtual slap sure felt painful! Take care.

udinb said...

'In the drama of life, there is a huge difference between those who have written themselves a starring role, and those who idle through life without aim' - Kazuo Inamori (2007)

The Momster said...

selamat hari raya aidiladha!! a freezing raya for u n mini ms istanbul for sure! :D

udinb said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha to you and your lil one. I was in London once during the Aidil Adha occasion, in 1988. After the sembahyang sunat at Regent Mosque, we went to meet up with other friends in Guilford, Surrey.

Though I make a yearly trip to London during summer, I didn't have a chance to drop by to visit Guilford. This coming June hopefully, as I will be visiting my university in Leicester.

All the best

*fizzy* said...

slap!
;)

am happy that you're happy.
and sis, i can't agree more on this.
sometimes i do get jealous seeing other people living in luxury..
but i keep telling myself i have my own priceless property all along..
my family+friends.

NorAiniJ said...

Salam Ms Istanbul,

I hopped here a few times (from Ruby's), but didn't leave trails, until today that is. I so can concur with you on this particular entry. Well like they say, life is a stage and we are merely the actors, and life is all about making choices/decisions...

All the best to you and the mini Ms Istanbul over there.

Ms B said...

Hi D,

Yeah! memang sakit. :D The wake up call that we need once in a while. Dont forget, kudos to you too! You are doing well my dear and always remember that.

Udinb,

Salam aidil adha to you too. Drama of life eh? :-)


Monster mom,

I dah beku kat sini! :P Freezing bagai nak rak. It must be my coldest winter ever.

Fizzy dear,

you are in your own league my dear. Dont let people tell you otherwise. Dont forget to smell the roses along the way. :D

Hi nj,

Thanks for dropping by. I've seen how my friends lead their life. It's their choices and if they tell me thats the way to be "successful", I'll tell them to go to ****. hehehhe... SOmething along those lines. Hey, we studied hard for good reason right? So, why dont we just maximise our talent and brain. :D U take care too!

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

Hmm..complex subject here. I believe we can only plan and make effort. But whatever the outcome is totally in God's hands.

There could be two individuals who work equally hard, but one becomes rich and the other does not. That is how God decides to challenge the two individuals. God has his own way of answering our prayers.

Similarly, there could be two girls, both decided to marry rich husbands. One ends up happy with love and wealth and the other neither or both could end up happy. What I'm saying is, we have no control as to the outcome. Complex? Yes it is, any way we look at it.

That is why to me, one should just do what one feels is right for one and nevermind lah about any other party. That's my way of achieving my own fulfillment. So far so good..he he.

Here's me wishing you and lil one:

A HAPPY AND MEANINGFUL AND SPECIAL NEW YEAR!