Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gratitude

"Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate."

I may not have met her in person but I am glad that I made that step to get to know her a few weeks ago ie sms and phone call. Today, I realise how fortunate I am to have her as a friend.

So D dear, thank you for making time for me today.

Sometimes it takes an unexpected event or action to make us realise the worth of things (and people). Although things didnt turn out as planned, it somehow led me to a meaningful discovery. Once again, I dont know how this journey is going to be but for whatever it is, I am thankful for just being part of it.

8 comments:

D said...

*blush* please don't mention it; tomorrow might be my day!

have a good break - it doesn't matter where you are, but what matters is how you spend it and with whom.

Kak Teh said...

My dearest D and B, glad you two 'met'. KT

Anonymous said...

have a good holiday ms b!! :)

Hazia said...

Sounds like an enriching encounter...
Whatever you decide, may it be the best choice:)

Ms B said...

D dear,

I meant every single word. Thank u for just picking up that call and making time for me.

And yes, it is a good break. *smiles*

Ms B said...

Kak Teh dear,

*smiles* We finally did.

Ms B said...

Hi inah,

I am indeed enjoying my break. *smiles*

Ms B said...

Hi hazia,

It was a good reflection. Enjoy the long weekend!