Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Crush

The week has been manic. I was too tired today that I decided to go to bed early. Unfortunately, I couldn’t sleep but the lil one managed to enter dreamland within minutes. *smiles*

The crash of the stock markets and fall of the banks led my division busier than ever. Too many companies are signalling SOS that we are swamped. I suppose it is a good thing i.e. more money for us. I know I am not paid five figures USD per month to browse the net. But hang on, that was exactly what I did for the past few days. I had to ensure my MDs had the latest news. I think my fingers have 6 packs each as they have been tapping the keyboard endlessly.

Anyway, enough of financial distress.

Do you remember back in high school or uni, there is a group of elite people? The supercool type. They don’t have to act and prove to be cool. Fame is in their blood. They come from well to do family and the guys are good looking while the girls are gorgeous. Well, even if they aren’t, they know how to carry themselves and appear good. They lead a life just like the characters in Gossip Girls.

McSteamy and Booth were part of that group. Not only they were good looking, they were smart too. McSteamy was the best student for his year whilst Booth got dean’s list almost every semester. I never spoke to McSteamy as he was way much my senior, despite his room was next to mine (it was a mixed college). Booth on the other hand was in my year. Still, since I was not part of that group (a plain Jane with lack of effort to dress herself nice), I usually kept myself away from him.

Yet, despite being in that group, Booth was always kind to me. Other people would just say hi & bye upon meeting me at campus. Booth would always stop and make a conversation. Oh, I had a huge crush on him during that time. *LOL* But I knew my place, way out of that league. It was always nice to talk to Booth. Never failed to make my day.

Booth was here for awhile. We sometimes contacted each other via email. We usually bumped into one another either at our business functions or the usual restaurants. He is now back in KL and I totally forgot to keep in touch, up until I saw his picture at someone’s blog. It prompted me to drop an email. A short one, just to confirm I got the right address. He replied, with a very cheerful tone. I updated him with my career progress. He somehow managed to sum it up that I have not made up my mind to either stay in London, come home or take the Singapore’s offer. Yet, should I decide to come home, he wants to meet up and have a chat of what his firm can offer. Typical MD material. *LOL* They are groomed to poach good people when they see one. I think if he does make an offer, I’d accept without looking at the terms. *ROTFL* Hey, he still gives me that ‘jaw dropped’ moment. He looks exactly the same but in better packaging (suits of course).

Anyway, it was good to get an email from him, especially when it ended with “do take care” and “warm regards” phrases (also a smiley face). After a long week, it made my day.

Sometimes I think Mrs Cooper and the Sexy Professor were right. It seems that I am given the chance to make up loss time. *smiles*

2 comments:

D said...

The one million dollar question: is he taken? *cheeky wink*

Ms B said...

aisey d, men like him, too many gold diggers would throw themselves. *LOL*