Sunday, April 17, 2011

The trip

I have nothing to blame except on myself for the lack of blogging. I have been lazy and as I was in between places, it was just inevitable.
We came back from London two days ago and last night, the young lady suffered bad jetlag that she only fell asleep at 1am. Obviously she had to skip the bus ride which allowed her an extra 45 minutes of sleep and we sent her to school instead.

*The new cycles-for-hire which can be found at many spots in the city*


The trip went well with Mother Nature granted us beautiful weather throughout our stay. We spent our days at the parks, Regent St, Covent Garden to name a few. Trips to the museums were a must as well as indulging ourselves with M&S and Wasabi sushi. Oh, not forgetting countless visits to her old school that I kept asking myself whether we were on holiday.



It was refreshing to be back on familiar ground as if we never left this place. The young lady even remarked, “we are not tourist Mummy. We live here. This is our home.”



Indeed we had a wonderful journey in this city and those bittersweet memories will always play in our mind.
Perhaps someday we will return to this place and write more beautiful chapters.

2 comments:

The Momster said...

I missed you and your writings, honest! Good to hear all of u had a great time back 'home'.

Ms B said...

momster,

I miss writing, blog-hopping and leaving comments!!!! Have so much to catch up.

Hopefully this blog will be active again. :)