Tuesday, April 19, 2011

of food and TV shows

I am slowly getting used of not working (like a mad woman) and try to find myself a routine which involves none other than tv series, cooking and housekeeping, in that particular order. We still have the nanny but I am quite fussy when it comes to privacy and my room is strictly out of bounds, hence cleaning duty on me. It seems everyone is happier of having me home and so far, we managed to have nasi minyak with kari ayam, fried soles, lamb chops served with mashed potatoes and salad. In fact, we even had bihun goreng for tea yesterday. I wonder if the young lady will gain some weight after few weeks of having spontaneous dishes from me. Unfortunately, we do not have a weighing scale to measure her development.

Oh, did I mention she’s growing at a rate that will burn my wallet? Sigh... I thought we purchased those Espr*t jeans not long ago and they look rather short now.

Being at home allows me to catch up on tv series such as Ellen, Mentalist, No Ordinary Family, White Collar, TVD, Greys, Glee, NCIS (I am sure there are more). I haven’t figured out which channel has Bones but once I do, it’d be on my list. I also got myself hooked on ‘travel channel’ and ‘E!’. It beats me on how ‘Married to Rock’ managed to be aired here cos they can be quite flashy, if you get the idea.
Maybe I should go through the network guide and spot the good shows.

No comments: