Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The match

I am exhausted, sleepy and probably stressed judging by the amount of sleep or worse, dreaming about work. Why can’t it be simpler i.e. sexy men giving me back massage during my sleep?

At least I managed to squeeze some time for a lovely dinner on Monday, wearing that red cocktail dress. A friend was in town for the most talked about match and I was invited to join him for dinner. Not that I had the opportunity to sit with him as he was hosting dinner for the five rings games committee of his country, including The President. I was seated with his English speaking business partners and thankfully, they talked about the economy and not sports. Before I left, I went to his table to say goodbye and he introduced me to his friend, the VP of the committee. The guy said that he heard so much about me. Indeed I was flattered.

Then the next day, I managed to leave early from work and headed to his hotel to go to the match together. Apparently, the Brazilian team was staying at the same place. There were 8 of us going to the match; his close friends, business partners and his MD. I didn’t manage to get a glimpse of the players as we left early (there was a queue outside the lift).

The traffic was bad as expected but we arrived at a reasonable time. I knew we were going to get good seats but it didn’t come across my mind that we’d get a box. Well, for me of course. I’m sure he always gets the box whenever his country or his team is playing.

Anyway, the view was awesome! I took some pictures of the match but I think there were more photos of the box. *LOL* And don’t get me started on the food. Yummy! Entree and main course were served before the match and during half time, we had dessert.

I really had a nice time and made new friends. One of his business partners is an MD of a large company in Europe and told me to let him know if I decide to come to his city. Mrs Ferragamo, the wife of Mr Ferragamo, his close friend, invited me and the lil one to visit them in Venice.

I better get some sleep now. Apology for not being able to be more creative with this post. All I can say is that Italian men can be very charming. It does not help when they don’t have the ring on the finger or that they happen to be good looking. (Notice the plural in that sentence? *winks*)

15 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

Aaahhh..id like to get my hands on some of tht italian meat! Hahahaha!
Babe, being surrounded by good looking italian men is a good thing. Embrace it! :P

Kak Teh said...

aaah, at least you got away from work and had some fun. you deserve it.

Ms B said...

CG,

*clearing her throat* are u suggesting that I should scratch that itch? *winks*

The meat came in nice suits. Go figure! *grins*

Ms B said...

KT dear,

it's going to be a long night. deadline tomorrow. Tired, stressed. The match was a breather.

Oh, I have your DVD. Will pass it when we meet up.

Unknown said...

Dropped by to wish you & lil one:

Happy Valentine's day.

n.i. said...

take care babe!

btw, are italian men that yummy? hahahaha

... said...

watching from the box and meals served.... aww, envy, envy, what did they serve?

Daphne Ling said...

Beware Italian men! ;)

Oh well, like Kak Teh said, at least you had a good time...

Hehe...Happy Valentine's to you, indeed!

Ms B said...

HI Ruby,

Happy love day to you too!

Hugs & kisses from both of us

Ms B said...

n.i.,

They always look smart even in their casual. The combination of their looks and personality i.e. attentive during conversation and warmth, makes them irresistable.

Babe, something wrong with your site? Always error everytime I try to view.

Ms B said...

darlene,

what did they serve? U mean besides the men? *grins* choices of salad, rolls and dinner, steamed fish and roast lamb.

Eh, I watched the grammys and Jonas bros really rocks!

Ms B said...

Hi daphne,

*LOL* I know! Should avoid italian and french. They are capable of big love.

Glad I made time to watch the game. Work has been stressful.

Oh, i love ur prof's advice.*winks*

... said...

ms b,
jonas brothers---yeah but when i saw coldplay i've forgotten that i'm the oldest, eh i mean the biggest jb's fan

Anonymous said...

owhhh... lucky you!

i can still remember i almost got into a fight with an italian man once. (staff at a hotel in milan)

maybe italian men just don't like me! :P

Ms B said...

Darlene,

*LOL* I love coldplay!

Momster,

U havent met the good ones. Really cair!