Sunday, February 22, 2009

First blog award


Guess who got her first blog award? *smiles* D seems to think that I deserve this. I am still scratching my head on how she got that figured out. Just like her, I dont care how other perceive about my way of raising the lil one. Without her love, patience and faith, I would not be where I am. Anyway D darling, thank you.

It seems that the award comes with a set of rules which are:
1. Admit one thing you feel awful about (involving being a mom). Once you have written it down, you are no longer allowed to feel bad. Remember you are a good mom!
2. List 7 things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.
3. Send this to 5 other moms of the year that deserve a reminder that they too are the best moms that they can be. Remember to send them a note letting them know you have selected them, and also add a link to your post that directs people back to the person who nominated you.

1. I am having a hard time to think of one as I have MANY that makes me feel awful. A combination of being strict, juggling my career, trying hard to be a super mom etc. For now, let’s just stick to one.

Being strict. She knows very well how much emphasis I place on education. She makes sure that she does her school work the moment she gets it and does not wait until the day before submission to do it. Sometimes she takes time to answer and my level of patience can be very low (as proven by my siblings as I used to coach them. They think I am harder than my parents). Occasionally it leads to tears and yup, it breaks my heart each time, especially when there is no one to comfort her. Dont get me started on drawing the line when it comes to buying unnecessary things, no matter how cheap they can be. I dont believe in wasting money. Saying no is always hard and I end up feeling guilty each time.

Having that out of my chest still doesn’t make me feel good. Maybe just a little less bad.

2. The wonderful 7:

1. She wakes up with a smile on her face and places a kiss on my cheek every morning. We often take our time to cuddle or her saying, “a few more minutes, mummy”. That usually leads me leaving home without breakfast as we have to rush to school. Now you understand why it is very important that I have comfortable shoes, no matter how nice the stilettos will look on me.

2. She writes love notes all the time and when I least expect. She is good with artwork (the opposite of me) and takes time to create it. When she was younger, she used to hide them in my bag or under the pillow.

3. She never complains no matter how challenging life may be. Sometimes when I am away, she often tells me not to worry about her and the nanny will take good care of her. She never cries during our phone calls but apparently, sometimes she does after we hang up. She just does not want me to worry.

4. She rarely asks for anything. If she likes an item, she will look at it and ask about the price, even a £2 magazine/book. If she has gotten something earlier, like 2-3 weeks before, she’d ask if she can get the magazine next month. I am always touched by her gestures and of course, I’d get the magazine on the spot.

5. She makes me feel that I am a great cook. Sometimes after our meal, she’ll come to me and hug, saying thank you for making such a lovely dish, even when they were just sardines and omelette!

6. I learn to live life through her. She guides me to feel young and appreciate the roses along the journey. She tells me to let my hair down and just dance. Sometimes we sing and dance in a mall or at the park, oblivious of other people.

7. She picks me up when I am down. When I am ill or sad, she makes a card or asks the nanny or the aunties to get me flowers.

3. I now award this to:
D – I know I’m supposed to find 5 new moms but I dont care about the rules. You deserve the award again and always remember you are a babe!
Simah – You’ve done well dear! Being there, raising your kids, driving and now lecturing. You go girl!
Kak Teh – You might think you are crazy but I’m sure somewhere along the way, you have had the right magic potion that your kids turn out great.
Momster – I simply love the way you talk about the lil one. Always a pleasure to hear news about him.
n.i. – This woman will go extra length to make sure her kids are well fed, even making her own nuggets!

12 comments:

D said...

as I often say, your lil one is an angel! So, let's sit down and wonder where that came from?! :)

Hey! Are we playing tag here? I tag you and you tag me? HAHA!! Thanks dear... and have a great Sunday!

[danial][ma] said...

hej! Ms B...congrats for the award! phewwww...lucky that I am not a mom...hehehe...;-)

Inah said...

ohh..i want the award too :P

Anonymous said...

yeayyy... an award! thanks Ms B... will find time to write of course (dah dpt award, takkan nak ignore pulak kan? hehehe)

your l'il one is so thoughtful... u've taught her well, you know! :)

n.i. said...

babe,
hahahaha thanx dear... those were occasional treats my dear... adam even asked me "aik.. mama masak?" whenever i'm in the kitchen... which shows how seldom i am in the kitchen... nuggets are the among the few things i know how to cook hahahaha

Ms B said...

oh D, your words always touch me. my girl is special indeed.

Sometimes I feel God sends his angels tru our angels.

Ms B said...

hi danial,

Thank u! Hey, u have mr ted. so in a way, u are a parent. *LOL*

Ms B said...

Inah dear,

If you have kittens, let me know and i shall send this award. *grins*

Ms B said...

momster,

semestinya. dah dapat award, kena lah accept with a smile. you deserve it!

As i often say, she is truly remarkable. I am indeed blessed.

Ms B said...

n.i. darling,

right, where hv i heard that before? ah, from my girl. time to cook is so limited.

I have problem viewing your site. what's wrong?

Hazia said...

That's really sweet:)

Ms B said...

hi hazia,

thank you! glad to know you had a great time in istanbul.