Friday, November 14, 2008

Sexy juice, anyone?

Booth: Okay, news bulletin for ya'. Bones, there is not a, guy in this country who wouldn't want to have sex with you. Probably half the gay men ...
Brennan: Are you being nice about me, or awful about British men?
Booth: Wexler is not special, you are.

Of late, I've had interesting discussion with friends. The topics were mostly about dating and relationships. A friend mentioned that he hardly asks anyone out due to his appearance. I couldn’t believe my ears upon hearing as I think he has great personality. He even has a good career, thus he has to look good for board meetings etc. Yet, deep inside he feels he is a John Doe.

Then I told him, “did I ever mention that I was hardly noticed in high school and uni? Hardly anyone asked me out.”

He was shocked, then what happened?”

I told him that I was a late bloomer. My work grooms me to appear immaculate and being a mother forces me to be fit. Try to keep pace with a growing child, then you’d understand. The thing is, I never expect to be getting this much of attention at my age. I’m in my 30s and a mother with a demanding career! Do the math. Men would go for young girls or women with less issues.

I think with experience and this age, I have less expectation with dates. Then again, when a guy insists that he wants to take me out on a proper date, complete with wine and dine, I usually decline. Often the best dates I had were with someone unexpected e.g. an old friend and did simple things e.g. coffee. I guess it is a bonus when they happen to be yummilicious inside and outside. *winks*

I believe everyone has their chance to shine. Never underestimate a plain jane or john. I don’t blame my friends for feeling like that despite looking like a babe or hunk now. Often we can’t get rid of the past. The good thing is that, with people like this, we enjoy simplicity.

So to those Jane or John, if you happen to fancy that hunk or babe, just ask them out. If you happen to be that hunk or babe, just give these people a chance. Go out and enjoy the moment. You never know what’s in store.

Anyway, today my department decides to do some charity. We are “penalised” for wearing casuals and the proceeds go to charity. I thought my colleagues look good in their suits. Today, they proved me otherwise in their jeans. They look HOT!!!! Oh, did I mention some of my colleagues are seriously yummy? Remember the most eligible MD in my department that I wrote about some time ago? He was practically hanging out near my desk for some time and I just couldn’t breathe. All I could think was undressing him. *LOL* *evil thoughts*

So to my female viewers, have fun with this clip:

12 comments:

Inah said...

love ur entry :)..u know why..because i'm a plain jane myself..i have a very low self esteem and issues with guys because i feel i'm very ugly and of course such a fat girl..:(

i guess u cant have it all..

:(

simah said...

cant see the clip.. must be a banned site it is (for turkey)...

oit!! undressing the guys eh? kalau susah sangat.. ajak aja one of the colleagues out... lagi seronok keluar dgn member kerja lelakidari keluar dgn a guy romantically..

thanks for the addy (again n with my head still intact! )..hahaha

u take care eh? with or without men.. u r gorgeous... want my fat my dear??? hehehe

hugs ur angel 4 me :0)

Anonymous said...

love this entry too. are you in love?

Ms B said...

Inah dear,

Focus on ur strengths and i'm sure u hv plenty. build up ur confidence level. It takes time, trust me. But once u are there, on ur own effort, it is satisfying.

remember, everyone is unique. We deserve only the best. just like what Booth said to Bones. *smiles*

... said...

ms b,
me so need to see the clip now... lols.
p/s i looovvve being in my 30s too.. or may be not because of age or anything. just that there are things that you may not have 5, 6 years back, but now you thought--wow, where are these things coming from?
(but err, of course i won't mention anything about potential wrinkles here..)

Ms B said...

simah dear,

lama tak nampak? Sibuk betul lecturer baru ni ek? *grins*

Golden rule, never mix business with pleasure or go out with anyone from work. so it is ok to undress them mentally. *lol*

r u sure ur head is intact? I'm pretty sure it was off. *rotfl*

U take care dear.

ps: u reckon there is a procedure to transfer fat from one to another? I need some at the butt and boobs. *grins*

Ms B said...

hi anonymous,

am i in love???? oh no!!!! *grins*

nah.. i'm enjoying each day with friends, that is all. (tho any candy man is very much welcome). *lol*

n.i. said...

ms b dear,
am sooooooo jealous of u... no yummy collegues for me here hahaha (hubby's sure thankful about that hehehe)...

i am also a late bloomer myself ;-) and i had serious self-esteem issues i.e. very low self-esteem / confidence (which seemed to surprise many)... still hv them though but not as bad... a difficult journey for me though but i'm glad i don't hv to be nasty to people to make myself feel good... i prefer to shy away...

well, sorry coz the comments above are a bit out of the topic... hehhe

i love reading the book "a hot mom's handbook", coz i'm one HOT mom!!! hehehe

p/s: do read the book if u haven't or even if u already a HOT mom! hehehe

Ms B said...

darlene dear,

err...can we skip the wrinkles part? *lol* Just enjoy the journey!

so, did u have fun watching the sexy men? *evil thoughts*

Ms B said...

hi n.i.,

hey, you are allowed to express urself in my comment box. *winks* I tell you, I'm sure my friends envy me if they visit my workplace. *rotfl*

No matter how much we have achieved, there is a part of us that holds on to the past. I believe that's what makes us appreciate things better. So it is ok to feel the old plain Jane but dont let it put our life on hold.

Will try to find that book dear. (and secretly wish that I do look like a HOT mama. *grins*)

Anonymous said...

Ooolaalaa..The most eligible Mr MD huh? Yummy..yummy... :D

Ms B said...

myannejay,

ur new name is damn long dear! *lol*

Coming to work is heaven! Yummy men left right center. *rotfl*