Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Of a wish

Sometimes you make a wish. And a wish falls as “a desire, longing, or strong inclination for a specific thing”. I made some wishes and best to say that, one by one, it was realised.

There are times that you just have to follow your gut feeling, trashing away all advice from your so-called friends and the “what ifs”. As humans, we analyse too much. As women, we do that twice more.

We are responsible for our own happiness. We have to trust our heart. Even when others fail to see, as long we know, that is all that matters. Some things are best left unspoken. As long as you both know it is there, it makes your day. It makes life more meaningful.

I had my wish granted today. I had some good news to share and all I could think of, how nice it'd be to have a good friend around. And I did, even if it was a short visit.

Counting my blessings each day.

4 comments:

zah said...

Dear Ms Istanbul,
What's the news? Sorry, kepoci a bit..

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, wishes do come true sometimes, when you least expect it...
There's two old songs...
"Look for a star", (by Gary Miles) and "Don't let the stars get in your eyes...by Perry Como...see if you can get it. Lee.

Ms B said...

Hi zah,

It is work related. I'm just happy, thats all.

Ms B said...

Hi Lee,

"Oh everyone has a lucky star
That shines in the sky up above
If you wish on a lucky star
You're sure to find someone to love"

"Don't let the stars get in your eyes
Don't let the moon break your heart
Love blooms at night
In daylight it dies
Don't let the stars get in your eyes
Or keep your heart from me
For some day I'll return
And you know you're the only one I'll ever love"

I am lucky indeed. I just wanted to share the news with my friend and surprise, he was here for a night (very short trip).

U keep well Lee.