Saturday, April 19, 2008

Over You




I'm out of my element here. I handle transations worth millions for a living, I used to live in the basement, most days I just have few minutes to make myself look good, and I don't give a crap about what other people think of me. Because I'm a happily independent and successful single mother and I like it that way, only when you say stuff like this, it just makes things too hard. So please, don't chase me anymore, unless you're ready to catch me.


Over you - Chris Daughtry

Now that it's all said and done. I can't believe you were the one
To build me up and tear me down. Like an old abandoned house.
What you said when you left. Just left me cold and out of breath.
I fell too far, was in way too deep. Guess I let you get the best of me.

Well, I never saw it coming. I should've started running
A long, long time ago. And I never thought I'd doubt you,
I'm better off without you. More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure. I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better. And now I'm picking up the pieces.
I'm spending all of these years. Putting my heart back together.
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,
I got over you.

You took a hammer to these walls,
Dragged the memories down the hall,
Packed your bags and walked away.
There was nothing I could say.
And when you slammed the front door shut,
A lot of others opened up,
So did my eyes so I could see.
That you never were the best for me.

Well, I never saw it coming. I should've started running
A long, long time ago. And I never thought I'd doubt you,
I'm better off without you. More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure. I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better. And now I'm picking up the pieces.
I'm spending all of these years. Putting my heart back together.
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,
I got over you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

?
Anything wrong? :|
Cheer up, anyways.

Ms B said...

:-) Everything is fine. I am putting things into perspective. I am tired being chased, without any proper plan in place. It is either you make plans or you dont. In other words, if it is just dating, so be it. Dont give me the "moon" and the "stars" when it is almost impossible.

So the thing is, I should just stick to dating. Less complicated. *winks*

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, Wow, You sure gone thru a Tsunami, huh?
I guess there is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness.
You stay easy Ms Istanbul, the moon will come up for you. Lee.

Anonymous said...

u'll go further than dating when u r ready... la ni enjoy jer whatever comes ur way...

ala... u comel aper.... just stay d way u r... with ur lil missie...yg of course lagi comel dari u tu! hahah

take care dear... when things get u down...apa susah.. there r loads of placess to go shopping... apa guna ada duit kalau tak digunakan kan?

*hugs*

Ms B said...

Hi Lee,

It was (and is) madness indeed. Just when I was about to start fresh or not looking, a window of opportunity opens. SO here I am, stuck in the middle.

Oh dear moon, please show up soon. *LOL*

Ms B said...

SImah dear,

Exactly my dear! I am fine when there is no moon or stars in the pictures. Dont promise uncertain things.

Hehheh...yeah I know. She is much comel than me. I wonder whether the nurse accidently swapped her at birth. *LOL* Bt since it was natural birth and the doc placed her next to me immediately when she came out, I can safely say she is mine.

Ehm... I think if I resort to shopping each time I have "men" issues, there goes my credit card limit (unless I use my corporate card. Unlimited. hehehhehe)

D said...

hehe.. i know exactly what you mean - no need for the moon or stars; life won't be complicated, eh? If all they want to do is flirt, then you go for their pockets la!! HaHaHa.. Tit for tat?!

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, you know, was wondering, you lived down under and now up in the North and your callsig is "Ms Istanbul". You lived there too? Ha ha.
But I love your callsign, so romantic, reminds me of exotic Gypsies, James Bond (From Russia with Love).
Wow! Nice songs you have here.
See ya, Lee.
ps, bulan ada naik?

Ms B said...

D dear,

Well said! Once you start giving ideas of the moon and the stars, when you are in no position to do so, it just makes it hard. You start to have faith and hope (or worse, wishing for a happy fairy tale ending). Sometimes they forget that whatever planet they are offering, it should be able to fit me and my girl.

So stick to the basic. Dating for the new age women. (of course as you said, nice pressies are always welcomed). *winks*

Ms B said...

Lee,

Every name has a story, so does mine. One day, I might share it.

ehem ehm... as for the bulan, lets just say that there is an offer to be taken, which suits my current lifestyle. *LOL*

Right... that should give me an idea of the next posting, the rules of dating. *winks*