Sunday, January 20, 2008

Taking steps

"There are about a hundred steps between where we are and our dream house. They’ll be fun steps. They’ll be sexy steps. And we’ll try not to fall down them together. Okay?"

Me and another close friend, Mr Nice had our mini farewell lunch with Ms Argentina. She is going back for good after her 2 year stint with us. I'm sure I'll miss her like crazy. Our coffee rounds, office gossips, understanding our culture etc. Instead of talking about her, we ended up talking about me and my beau. She asked a very intriguing question to Mr Nice, “why is she not taking her relationship seriously?”

Coming from a person who didn’t understand my culture and beliefs at the beginning, Ms Argentina has done well. Love knows no boundaries and both her and Mr Nice truly think that the one is a wonderful person. She finds it odd that I am not 100% into this so-called relationship.

I guess I’m being practical. There are many steps in between where we are and our dreams. So far, we have done well in taking the steps. We try not to make big plans but eventually, a plan has to be made and we both have to decide what we want to do with the plan. Are we in this for the long haul?

So yes, this is why I don’t and I can’t take my relationship seriously. The lil one comes first, next our wellbeing i.e. a good career with lots of perks to pay the bills and the nice stuffs for both of us, finally my love-life.

Oh speaking about career, I got headhunted for one of the elite banks. I’m not too keen with the terms so I’ve asked the headhunter to enquire whether they are looking for a senior role with much better perks. I’m not the type who will leave for a slightly higher pay with 1-2 years bonus. In my world, bonus is discretionary and with the current market, I have seen some who didn’t get any. So yes, much higher pay with a decent bonus will do for me. Uncle D seems to think I did quite well negotiating with the headhunter.

Till then..

4 comments:

udinb said...

I like your blog. Don't know why ... may be the way you write and express

btw I think I just saw your friend, Kak Teh at Mid Valley ... 20th January at 6 pm. With her group of friends at Secret Recipe ... next to MPH. I happen to be in KL and back to Kch tomorrow

All the best

elara said...

Hi, just hopping here from the blogoshere. Nice blog you have. Can't help to say that the only long haul that i know of is the long haul fibre optic cable, or submarine cable for that matter..hehe.

Anonymous said...

rindu wei... how r u n ur lil angel? hugs...

so many things r happening eh? will come back again to reread the rest of the entries..

yeah..i agree with u... ur lil angel should come first in everything..love beau...later..but that is also important too... but i am sure u know how to balance everything :0)

take care!

hugs n kisses to ur lil one

Ms B said...

Hi Udinb,

Thanks for appreciating my ramblings! :-) Oh yeah, Kak Teh has been away for too long. I usually bump into her once a week at our usual place.

Hi elara,

Hahhaha... I think your long haul is more tangible than any! Stick on the things we know, yeah? :-)

Simah dear,

I pun rindu giler sama u! Hey, I tried calling u but i think the no u gave is wrong. Hehhe.. my love life is as important as the rest but I'm just too old with this game. If it happens, it happens. Otherwise, smell the roses along the way.

Take care dear!