Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Shopping pleasure

I had many post-dated ramblings but didn’t have the chance to upload them. Too many things on my plate, mostly admin of course. Getting my performance review done, filing for tax credit (apparently I overpaid tax last year. Not much, just about £500), bills. etc

Let’s talk something lighter..like fashion sense. Hehhehe..

Ever since me and my girl watched “The Devil wears Prada”, we have been eyeing all those nice stylish clothes. I think I do have some fashion sense but I just choose to be comfy (translation= wear something practical, especially when you are out with kids).

So, I have been trying this 100% soft wool Zara coat. We hang out at Zara almost every weekend (it’s 5 mins walk from home. Good excuse to spend your Sundays.) It looks like one of those nice coats worn by Andrea, slightly swirly, mid length, very soft and silky smooth texture. Just love it. I told myself I should definitely get it.

During my effort of not shopping until month end just to get that lovely jacket, I splurged myself last Sunday on a very smart Austin Reed suit. I didn’t plan to get a suit. Even if I do, I usually go for Zara, which only cost 1/3 of Austin. But this place had discounts and it so happened that they had my size (US size 2!). Plus, the suit was on sale. I got mine for almost the price of Zara Women suits. That’s a bargain!!!!

When I got home, I kept asking myself, why of why did I get that suit. Well, that’s until I wore it yesterday and my oh my, it was a good investment. People complimented the way I look. It just makes me stand out among the crowd (something like that lah, I’m not a babe to begin with).

You cant go wrong with nice suits. Always buy the wool ones. It makes you look and feel good, like a power suit, especially when you have to deal with those arrogant bankers.

Anyway, I have to watch my spending now. I still have that coat in my list. Also, boots (maybe I should get 2 pairs, the other is the knee high boots. Great when you wear skirts).

I seriously need that bonus… Perhaps I should take my friend’s advice. Join an investment bank or private equity house. Then we can fly to Milan just to shop.

Dream on girl…. Hehhehe…

Ps: Somebody made dinner for me over the weekend. It was really nice to be pampered. *smiles*
Pss: To someone, thanks for the tips and recipe but I didn’t have to prepare after all. *winks*

2 comments:

Ghazali said...

Lady Istanbul ....

One thing for sure .... we need to pamper ourselves and feel good about it ...

Feel Good Feeling is an important elements in finding the peace in life ...


Hehehehheeee

Put la some photo photo for us ma ....

Raya tak balik ker?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ghaz,

Thanks for dropping by. I hardly pamper myself. Priority has always been my lil girl. Typical single parent syndrome (especially when the other side is slow and in arrears when making child support). So my pay goes to her education, savings, shopping etc. :D

But now my lil girl has been pressuring me to get new clothes, make me look nice! She's my fashion consultant. ;-)

Tak balik laa. I think our raya is more meaningful here. Simple and with loved ones.

Take care!