Thursday, April 26, 2012

New direction

I was planning to get on with my new task today, thinking I could actually sit down and come up with something worthy. However, after an episode of Bones (DVD reruns) and a glass of apple juice, no progress has been made. Not a good sign, especially since I have committed myself to do so on regular basis.

Writing casually e.g. blogging has never been issue as one can rant on any topic and you don’t care who your audience will be (if you have any). It somehow becomes tricky when you have to cover certain areas and the piece is meant to target specific market.

Our trip to Istanbul wasn’t all about leisure as we thought it’d be. On our last night there, we were invited to a dinner by a close friend and it ended up with a party of 15 people or so; including spouses and kids. One thing led to another and yours truly was roped into writing for charitable course.

I didn’t know whether I’d be qualified to contribute anything as the lady who sits on the board has great credentials (as well as the rest of the committee). Yet she felt strongly that my opinion will be good for the group due to my colourful experience. After giving it much consideration, I thought I might as well give it a try.

I am still clueless on what exactly I shall write but at least it gives me exposure to the world of journalism. I just hope I can come up with something. Maybe I need to go to a coffee shop and let my creative juice pumping.

So good luck to me!

Ps: In case I do get stuck, I will go around and get you to help me out. *wink*

3 comments:

T said...

Good luck Ms B. You have always been a great writer..

The Momster said...

Go for it! I've been trying to do some proper writing too, and asking around just to get the experience, but no luck yet! :P

All the best!

Ms B said...

Hi T,

My writing skill is deteriorating! It will probably take me awhile to get back into the game.

Momster,

Do write!!! Just try your luck anywhere. :)