Monday, October 03, 2011

oh sunny days...

Due to the scorching hot weather, we decided to head to Southbank and checked out the area. On the river bank it was packed with street performers which ranged from sketch artists, group orchestra, hiphop dancers etc. Right before Royal Festival Hall, it had stalls set up like our typical street market. The young lady, together with the rest of the kids there, had a blast playing with bubbles which turned out as wide as your stretched arms.

Then on Sunday, as I made a wok of bihun goreng, it was fair enough that I took her and friends for a picnic at Kensington Gardens. I packed grapes, donuts, juices and Oreos and off we went. While the girls ran around silly and made up games, I sat on the mat and had a book to keep me company. It had been a long time since I last did so.

I believe the young lady deserves a break from her normal routine and as much as I want to prepare her for the upcoming entrance exams, she should be allowed to be a kid. Enjoying the buzzy atmosphere of the city and getting herself dirty at the parks are healthy and probably make her a better child.

So I’m maximising the remaining sunny days with lots of outdoor activities, though I think my legs should rest for a bit as I did too much of walking for the past week
.

2 comments:

The Momster said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! My feet was swollen on the flight home n can't fit into my shoes! :P

Hope u're coping well with the new arrangements now!

Ms B said...

Weather is back to gloomy, with occasional sunshine. By the time we get our stuffs, it'll be just before it gets icy cold. Back to coats, boots and scarves. :)