Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Perks of challenges

I’m having the place all to myself at the moment. I cant believe that I was actually missing this. Once in a while it’s good to be left alone and do your own things as you please. In my case, it helps the creative juice flow easily and let me enjoy the train ride of thoughts.

We are counting our days to go back to the land of nasi lemak and teh tarik for a good six week break. There are still many things to do before we leave. A twist of fate seems to be encouraging our move and perhaps the situation was a blessing in disguise. As some people say, the best is yet to come.

I learn that being tested in whatever form has its perks. When you have gone through so much in life, there is high possibility that you will sail through on your next challenge with ease. It is only when you are faced the hurdle for the first time that it’s hard to digest but once you complete that bumpy ride, you’ll realize things aren’t that bad.

It helps you to appreciate the more important aspects of life which many take it for granted as they are caught under the whirlpool of tangible or material race.

One day last week, the young lady came home with a glowing face and a cheeky smile. I couldn’t stop wondering what she had under her sleeves. Perhaps it was another day of girls chit-chatting in the toilet which seemed a growing trend among them at school. She handed a few papers to me, certificates to be precise. She was extremely pleased with her achievements and remarked that it was better than having ice-cream on waffles for tea!

Later that day, I crept into my bed and reflected silently. Tears of gratitude and happiness were flowing. She has blossomed into a lovely pre-teen, with her craze of pin-ups and passion for doing well in subjects she loves. She’s an idol to her young cousins and god-sisters, and has lots of patience for them even when they drive her nuts with their constant babyish demands.

Moments like this makes me feel it is all worth it. I am blessed.

1 comment:

The Momster said...

You are definitely blessed!No wonder u always want the best for her - both of you deserve it! :)

Hope to see you soon! Maybe in another city this time ;)