Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Blunder

I was watching G**d M*rning America few minutes ago and they talked about 4 happiest places on Earth. Lion City was one of them. (Fishy here as I dont think they know the work culture in that city).

If you think that was interesting, wait until you see the map they used. It was Peninsular Malaysia, coloured in yellow and a huge 'Sp*re' sign with an arrow pointing to it. *smack*

Now we know why a lot of people are misguided. I suppose I could forgive our local media for committing such blunders as even a well-known program does it.

4 comments:

The Momster said...

GOSH! No wonder so many people are aware of Lion City and not Malaysia! Can be sort of forgiven if research now is done by still going to the library. :P

Naz in Norway said...

Funnily enough, the arrow changes direction depending on the issue too sometimes ;D

Ms B said...

Momster,

heheh.. I know. I was shocked! :) I remember reading an article somewhere saying we rely too much on wiki and assume their facts are accurate. A few newspapers in UK found out they had error in their obituary section as they used facts from wiki. ;)

Ms B said...

Naz,

LOL! Must take note on this. Btw, they showed a video on malay wedding during that segment, again misleading cos they only make up a small proportion in that island.