Sunday, December 20, 2009

The weather outside is frightful

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Christmas came early with the presence of white snowflakes in the middle of last week. By Friday, it was thick enough to disrupt the commute of the average Londoners i.e. those who live outside the city. Some of my colleagues decided to work from home, leaving those who had no excuse to do so to run business as usual. I reckoned it was just a reason to do last minute gift shopping.

I am looking forward to the long break but I still have a few days to go before my holiday. Hopefully it’ll be a quiet one at work but there is still a slight chance of hard labour. A few of my friends are coming over, one of whom I haven’t seen for a decade. The Bangkok lady and I took the same course back in uni and we were study-mates (amongst other things of course! *grins*). We either hanged out at our department’s library or the national one in the city. When we weren’t busy revising, which by the way was three quarters of the year, we went to the beach for their famous milkshake/coffee, the riverside for its Sunday market or a nearby town for its factory outlets.

The good old days....

Anyway, Love Actually was on telly last night. I love the movie, especially on the boy’s crush on his lead singer, leading him to dash airport security and bid farewell to the girl. I’m sure every one of us wishes for that moment, or had one and cherishes it till this day.

Until then, let’s enjoy those non-stop romance movies and not worry about the freezing weather outside. Keep warm dear friends.

6 comments:

The Momster said...

Happy holidays Ms B! I am still working this week, but next week I'm taking the week off just to chill - no travel plans whatsoever. ;)

I want the snow too!

Melb said...

Hi! Am browsing the blogs and found yours. Happy Holidays! In your earlier post mentioned that December is a month of happy mode. True, very true. I am looking forward to cuti next week.. Yes!

IDB said...

oh!! the weather is definitely frightful outside!!! im just thankful that we were not one of those unlucky passengers at the eurotunnel or airport. it snowed for a while at my place but still tolerable to drive.

looks like you'll be having a good week ahead. please continue to update amidst the romance movies and shopping :D im hoping to watch 'the notebook' again and i must get hold of that coco chanel movie!

Ummi to Hamzah said...

Miss B, enjoy remaining holiday with lil B ;)

[danial][ma] said...

hej! Ms B...luv the classic song...lalalallaaa...let it snow! let it snow! happy xmas break...;-)

D said...

Ooh.. love Buble's version of Let it snow, kan? We're lazing around this hols with some popcorns and good movies! Keep warm and dare I say, Happy shopping? ;)