Friday, September 25, 2009

Raya in a nutshell

I thought of writing a raya post as others but there is nothing much to share except that we had a great time. It was meant to be a low key affair ie invited 10 to 12 people with three quarter would be able to make it. However, just like last year, our home was ambushed by homeless kids who had nowhere to go after the prayers. My adik2 called, saying that they couldnt get rid of their friends and they begged to come to my place, without expecting me to serve anything. Somehow it felt dejavu and luckily I was smart enough to make soto. All I had to do was to soak a pack of bihun to accompany the soup. Thankfully, we had enough for everyone and they enjoyed themselves.

For the record, that group alone had 20 guests! I was told that the lamb cuisine was the talk of the town until late night. I reckon it was because they had typical malay food throughout the day, unlike the lamb dish.

My schedule is going to be very hectic for the next few weeks. I realise I have many things to do and none of them are work related! Slowly I am ticking them off from my list or at least, making some effort to get them done. I was told that the residency rules are changing again, which makes it more important to get it done. Yet, I do not see the whole point of doing so when I doubt we will be living here permanently. In the long run, it will be good for the young lady to pursue her education but what if she decides to go to the States or the Land Down Under? However, it is always good to have options, so I better get my ass up and start cracking (now why does this sound obscene?)

Oh well, at least I am making other plans, which is a good thing. Putting aside those dull tests and paperwork, I have pretty stuff to hunt which Ms V will be more than happy to help out. Something demure and a little bit of sparkle here and there will do the trick.

Thank god for polyvore for that! *wink*

*Ms B thanked her baju kurung for hiding her skeleton frame and made her looked curvy in the picture when taken at the right angle
.*

2 comments:

The Momster said...

*ehem* share with us what you got on polyvore! :D

and good luck on the residency thingy!

Ms B said...

ehem ehem... i think with you i will email personally to ask for opinion.

sigh...the test... i even wake up in the middle of the night thinking which patrons ie st patrick etc belonged to which county!