Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Of honesty..

Booth: Look Bones, you can't go around tellin' everybody what's on your mind even though it's the truth, okay? Look, what if you and I were going out, right? And you were, y'know, taking forever to get ready and you came out in this dress and, I told you I didn't like it, what are you gonna do?
Bones: I'd reevaluate, change, or ignore you.
Booth: (sarcastically) Of course you would, Bones. Good answer.

Sometimes I feel I can be harsh. Whenever my opinion is sought, I have no reservation to give my piece of my mind, especially to those who deserve it. I am always neutral or civilized to most people but to a handful, I will try my best to be honest.

If I don’t care about you enough, I wouldn’t be bothered to give a fair view.

I expect the same from my friends and most of the time they do, even when their opinion could probably break me into pieces. You should know that I am only made of skins and bones, hence the delicate nature of my physical attributes. If I can be blown away by strong wind, what about hard core truth? (Ok, I may be exaggerating but you get the picture).

Sometimes my view can be unexpected and not consistent as the majority would say. I can only relate to my own personal experience and those shared by others. I give two sides of the coin and let you consider.

At the end of the day, only we can define our own happiness. Yet, we should know our course of action would affect our loved ones, directly or indirectly. If their opinion and feelings matter, more or less it defines our happiness as well.

Some say honesty may not be the best policy but for some us, it is better to get one than still be blinded by our own illusion.

8 comments:

D said...

Only good friends deserve honesty (but be kind and diplomatic, eh..LOL!).

When you know what you're doing is right, I want you to always remember one thing: "To hell with others!" :P

Anonymous said...

i can only offer a piece of my mind with certain, selected people too! maybe that's why my hubs always feel i am a bit too harsh on him at times!

but hey, that shows i love him, no? *winks*

n.i. said...

hehehehehe i agree... momster knows verryyyy well to whom I am being the very honest...hahaha... kesian dia...

Pak Idrus said...

Ms.B, Be honest and be frank about it and it goes a long way especially in friendship.

We taught our kids and grandkids to be honest and it is that value that differentiate one from the other. It is in our culture to be an honest person always.

Have a nice day.

Ms B said...

D darling,

Hmm, i think if i want to blow them with painful truth, i'll make sure i have a cup of tea and some scones prepared. *winks*

Ms B said...

momster dear,

didnt they say, the ones we love are the ones we hurt the most?

so get you whip out and be creative honey. dont forget to wear the dress which mrs smith wore during her whipping session. *grins*

Ms B said...

n.i. dear,

*lol* I think i know who you are referring to. tapi takpe. I'm sure he gets u.

Ms B said...

Pak Idrus,

thank you for the wise words. I believe my friendship with old friends remain strong due to the same reason. we try to be honest, even when the advice given is not ideal.