Monday, September 01, 2008

Of a kiss

Bones: I'm only telling you out of professional courtesy.
Booth: What?
Bones: So that you won't be surprised.
Booth: Yeah but when you say kiss you mean like, kiss kiss on both cheeks?
Bones: No the lips.

A kiss is more than the sharing of lips and breath. It is a mingling of hearts and souls. A slight tingle, a funny feeling in the tummy, a racing heart, is to be expected. A kiss is an intimate connection to another human being and a simple way to express love and affection.

The anticipated first kiss is one that we both long for and dream about. And, whether remembered as sweet and tender, shy and hesitant, or as bumped heads and noses, we don't forget it. A kiss is a thing of wonder. We wonder if and when the object of our affections will bestow us with a kiss. We wonder if our knees will get weak, our pulse will race, or if it will be a dud. So much depends on a kiss.

Passion is a wonderful thing. It makes us feel more alive, more connected to our partner. But, realistically, one cannot expect passion in every kiss. Kisses can range from slow, sweet ones to urgent, fiery ones. Moreover, it is unrealistic to expect passion every single day of our lives.

**********
Sometimes I forget how it feels to be a woman. The importance of a kiss and how one can tell of a person; the tenderness of their touch, the kindness of their heart. A person can tell by just one kiss...

ps: I cant wait for Bones Season 4. Got myself season 2 DVD boxset. That will be my weekend do. Oppss, I just realise I'm hosting iftar for friends, a yearly routine.

8 comments:

SYUKS said...

Hi nice blog.... tq for visiting mine.. what about the heartless passionate kiss people like to give nowadays ?? Mmmmm not all with love and emotion..i think...

Ms B said...

Hi doc,

Thanks for visiting too!

Ah! Kiss without emotion. That reminds me of the article in Star a few months ago, Fubu. As a person who has spent 1/3 of her life abroad, I was schocked reading the article. It seems it is a trend back home. Sigh....

I guess it is a matter of choice. One must pick their partner (and even friends) wisely...

Lee said...

Hi Ms B, love this posting. You always come out with ahemmm, lively topics, ha ha.

A kiss can be a comma, a question mark, or an exclaimation point.
This is basic spelling every woman should know.

Have a nice day, Ms B, stay beautiful, Lee.

D said...

oh dear.. don't you let me start on kisses! HaHaHA! Must say, that my Little D is a crazy kisser and he can never give me or expect me to give him enough! But of course, a child's kiss is not what we're referring to here, eh?

answering an overdue question: mid-term break meet up? sure, must get your number off kak teh soon.

Ms B said...

Hi Lee,

Writing about this ahem, topic, is my way to de-stress myself from my hectic lifestyle. In real life, I am such a practical person which is why it is important for me to remind myself that I am, after all, a woman. *winks*

And you are right, a kiss can be a comma, a question mark, or an exclaimation point.

Take care Lee!

Ms B said...

D dear,

ah, our kids simply love to shower us with their kisses. My lil girl always places her kisses on my lips, nose, face, whenever and wherever she can. I think they can turn out to be a great kisser. *LOL*

Yes, we shall. I heard so much about u from Kak Teh. But agak segan lah to see this lovely person. *winks*

U take care dear!

D said...

I'm still looking behind shoulder - where's this lovely person? Dont see her! *grin*

Ms B said...

*LOL* someone is trying to be modest, eh? *winks*