Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Taking chances

At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out, they fence you in. Life is messy, that's how we're made. So you can waste your life drawing lines or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines that are way too dangerous to cross. Here's what I know. If you're willing to throw caution to the wind and take a chance, the view from the other side... is spectacular.


"Does he love me?"

"You are asking the wrong question. What you need to know is are you in a position to give him the love he needs. And whatever happens or doesn't happen will be equally gratifying. Knowing that you are capable of love is enough. If it isn't him, it will be someone else. You've discovered a wellspring; simply allow it to flow and it will fill your world. Don't wait to be certain before you take a step. What you give, you will receive although it might sometimes come from the place you least expect"

2 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, re your 'lines way too dangerous to cross'...and..'willing to throw caution to the wind'...
You are absolutely correct, if don't take the chance, we won't know.
I think people, be it men or women who hesitate, worry, dare not...will one day in the future smack their forehead and say, "cheh! I should have...".
Women like you are what I say, interesting women...life, dates, your exotic presence will always be that warm light and glow and the wish the sun or moon will not set.
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention...
Never expect the expected...you'll miss the moonrise, Lee.

Ms B said...

Hi Lee,

I'm learning to take chances. I believe I have taken a few and take full responsibility of my action. Without the experience, I wouldnt be where I am today.

Life is a journey. Dont forget to notice the flowers and smell them. Each will make a mark in our life.

Again, I'm taking a chance. Having the opportunity in the first place was already unexpected. Whatever comes next, it doesnt matter as the experience alone has made me smile for the last few months.

I am holding on to this memory.