Monday, May 12, 2008

The remedy is the experience

The weekend was awesome. Met Ms Versatile on Saturday. Had iced mocha, chatted and strolled along Regent St. Two single ladies, enjoying conversation, mainly around the topic of dating. All of a sudden, she said “at least you were married before. There is no pressure for you to do so. You’ve got good excuses to just be happily dating.”

FYI, Ms Versatile is just slightly older than me. Single, successful and a babe. Yet, I think I have more dates than her.

Then it occurred to me. Does being a single mother make me yummy? I mean, 10 years ago, hardly anyone in uni noticed me (remember the late bloomer posting?). Yet now, somehow, I am getting hot dates with seriously yummilicous men. Is it because being in this position, I look less intimidating compare to single 30 something ladies?

There is some truth in it. Perhaps men assume that the main agenda for 30 something women is marriage. Not to mention the expectation to be met by the successful ladies i.e. the perfect dinner, wine, dine etc. Somehow, the pressure on dating is high.

As for me, being in a good company will already make my day. Having a great date i.e. romantic dinner, the chemical reaction, nice pressies, is a bonus. With my present situation, I have less expectation. Of course since I am in a good position (balancing motherhood and a good career), I guess it attracts certain kind of men. So far, it seems they have one thing in common. They are usually in suit and deal with high level people. Yup, quality and no-nonsense men (when it comes to their profession. Somehow they can be idiots when it comes to handling a woman!).

Still, I told her to keep her heart and mind open. Give men a chance. Go on more dates. For all she knows, she is not ready to settle down.

Which then leads to me i.e. happily dating. I suppose I should stick to that for the time being. I am not restricted to one routine. I love my life, being a mother and having a good career. Having someone now could probably disrupt the momentum.

Speaking of momentum, today I received 3 good news. It started with a text from The Guy Next Door in the early morning, saying that he might be coming next month. Best fren said he must be looking forward to this trip, especially after the hot dates we had previously. I still find it weird i.e. having a “thing” with someone who knows you for a long time. Kinda reminds me of Rachel and Ross.

Then at the office, I presented my business case to a managing Director of my previous work experience. It seems he wants to tap my skill for the Global initiative. It means I might be dealing the super senior managing Directors (those who have their own private jets!). He said there could be opportunity for me to “tag along” if they do their roadshow back home. My jaw almost dropped (but of course I had to remain cool, right? *winks*).

At the end of the day, Mr Nice Guy shared a critical piece of information in relation to my work. I am not going to believe him until it is official. Please pray that it goes tru (God’s will).

Hopefully a few more hot dates and better things work wise. It’s all about the journey. The experience is the remedy.

8 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, love this post of yours. Somehow when I read your postings I feel warm as I can feel you write from your heart.
By the way, believe it or not, I have never tried 'mocha' as you mentioned. Must try satu hari.
And I have mentioned this before, but Ms Istanbul, I will date, go gaga over a 30 plus lady anytime than a 19 SYT.
Matured women, especially someone like you knows the meaning of elegance as well once past 30, they have that certain sensuality no SYT below 25 will have...yet. And it is always interesting, challenging to date professional ladies at this beautiful, hot, prime age...just like old days 3 Musketeers fencing, rather a Samurai kind if you know what I mean, *wink*.
From experiences, dating a matured woman always brings out the best in me...
I wish you the best of luck and hope you get that case....flying in a Corporate Jet with a handsome, high powered executive can be extremely stimulating, ha ha.
Best regards, Lee.

Ms B said...

Hi Lee,

You should try mocha. But I think most men prefer capuccino, expresso. Mocha on the other hand, you have 2 shots of coffee but mix with sweetness i.e. chocolate. Maybe in a way it reflects my personality, strong character but at the same time maintaining my elegance.

When most men in their 30s or 40s face mid life crisis, women seem to gain more control and confidence. But it all boils down to individual. If u want change, it must come from within. I guess the past few weeks has been an eye opener.

Thank you! I need as much luck as I can. To be given the opportunity and to be recognised is really a sweet success. Like your posting, "I did it my way". Being single mother in a foreign land will not stop me from achieving my dreams. Oh well, actually I am just looking forward to the corporate jet with yummilicous men. See Lee!! What kind of ideas you are putting into my head! *winks*

zah said...

Dear Ms Istanbul,

I read your blog from the start and my God, you are one strong lady just like D and Dr.Petite.. You write beautifully, I found courage and strength from your blog though you are like 6 years younger than me.. pursue that career, get that bentley one day, and jodoh pertemuan di tangan tuhan...
my hugs and kisses to lil ms istanbul..take care

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, I was fortunate to have had the opportunity of flying in a company Corporate plane and first class all the way with champagne and caviar to make my clients happy on board...and here I'm talking of wheeling and dealing in the millions while at 35,000 feet.
I remember one time one big shot CEO brought along his very sexy secretary in a beautiful three piece outfit taking notes in our plane. She sure was a distraction sitting opposite me while I stole discreet looks at her shapely legs, ha ha.
But I must admit, being a 6'1" gentleman, wearing half tint, RayBan Aviator sunglasses, carrying a designer Gilberto, patent leather briefcase (its under my bed now, ha ha) and coming down the steps of our plane at towns in East Coast Malaysia or Sarawak, sure had SYT's looking at my direction, ha ha.
The JR Ewing from KL, ha ha.
I look forward to reading of your ahemm, experiences, high powered business negotiations with gentleman in two months salary kind of custom suits, ha ha. Lee.

Ms B said...

Hi zah,

Thanks for dropping by! Err, u just made me feel like I won an Oscar.*winks* Maybe I can wear the dress Lee suggested some time ago.

Writing is my way to vent out my crappines. I dont think I am anywhere close to D or DrPetite but I believe things happen for a reason and it is up to us to make the best out of the situation.

Ah, I think I have a higher chance of owning a Bentley than having a man in bed (and if possible he mst look like Patrick Dempsey or Eric Dane). *itchy winks*.

Have a nice day!

Ms B said...

Lee,

Hahaha...Jr Ewing from KL. Eh, I love that show u know.

Now you are making me stressed. Does this mean with this new role, I have to upgrade myself? More trips to the salon, get a personal shopper etc. Hmmm, if it comes with a bigger pay cheque, definitely. *LOL*

Will defnitely update if any of those do come true. *winks*

D said...

*Splutter* Cough* Cough* (mak oooi, padanlah I tersedak - my name mentioned??!!)

You are absolutely right there, my dear. I think that in a way, there's a difference between single ladies and single parents because I definitely see that in you and some others I know. That air of wisdom and charisma makes one appear more intelligent and attractive, if I may say so. There are some things that the single parent has gone through which the single ladies haven't.

So, babe, flaunt it!! Hehe.. you do inspire me, you know - your outlook on men is truly appreciated!

Ms B said...

D,

Nak ubat batuk ka? I banyak kat rumah ni. *winks*

I have many single lady friends. Some of them want to have a companion but cant seem to get one (esp when some of the men have the mentality of pursuing supermodel type). These women are so beautiful inside that it is a waste for men to underrate them.

But there are some single ladies are just looking for the impossible.

So when you have women like us, who have been there, and know that there is a greater picture to be considered, we just appreciate whatever comes along. I believe if we focus on making our days (and our kids' life) better, usually the good one(s) will pop out. Some remain good friends, hopefully One will want to spend the lifetime together.

Oh well, we all need a lil bit of spices. Checking out yummy men will definitely make my day. Next time I post some sexy men, yeah? *winks*