Thursday, August 02, 2007

Pre-holiday

I finally managed to finish the last Harry Potter book but I seriously need to read it again. Do not attempt to read books when you have severe migraine. I lost the plot! Heheheh… I think I need to read the book before too. That’ll be my to-do things this 3 weeks hols.

Our flight back home is next Friday. Mrs Rock is also going back and she’s inviting me to see their new casa, 5 bedroom condo. They just got the keys last week (Mr Rock went back earlier). Very close to my dad’s place, so I’m pretty sure I wont miss the opportunity. They’ve been asking me to buy a unit opposite them so that we can be neighbours. Well, if I was earning equally, I would have bought one. Mr Rock already holds a senior position with a bank back home. Of course they can afford such casa.

Work wise, it’s been hectic. We have a deadline this Friday but I fell ill a few days ago. The project manager insisted that I should go home. Work can wait. Huh??? I cant remember whether I had similar treatment back home. I guess when you can demand fees in millions, you can manage clients’ expectation. I’m grateful that I don’t have to go to Germany this time around. Enough of travelling for the year. But since I have visa to the States, some Directors are keen to book me on future States-based project. (trying hard to avoid it of course.)

I still have some more shopping to do. Will get it done tomorrow night and this weekend. The sales assistants in Espirit even know our names. Heheheh… Obviously me and my girl love their design. Hoping I can squeeze a movie or dinner trip with McDreamy before my flight next week. Might be able to wear this nice dress which I bought a few months ago. It was £150+ but got it on sale of course. I hardly wear dress, maybe bcos of the unpredictable weather here and constant travelling by the tube. I hate ruining my shoes, which is why my flat Bally shoes is highly utilised (same goes with my boots).

My friends think I’m too nice with people who are mean to me. Sigh.. How can I make them see how I see things? Sometimes you need to think of the bigger picture, the long term effect. Also, karma!!!!! As far as I can see, bad things happen to people who have been mean to me. Seriously. Plus, why do you want to waste your energy moaning, complaining or worse, get even?!?!? Move on people. Enjoy the sunshine. Dress yourself to kill for your date (note to me of course! Going to get those legs waxed before I wear that dress of mine. Hehhehe…)

Now, where is that shopping list….?

1 comment:

Ghaz said...

Lady Istanbul ...

Welcome home .... and jangan lupa makan NASI LEMAK SAMBAL KERANG ...

(Make sure kerang tuh you rendam dalam air laut dulu hehehehehehe, nak buang toxin kaaannnn)

Selamat Pulang ke Tanah Air ... setelah berapa tahun you tak pernah balik kannn ....