Sunday, August 31, 2008

The story of Tom & Hannah



Few weeks ago, I had this conversation with the best friend:
Me: You know, things will be different if I remarry. It will be difficult to meet up.
Him: No it wont. Hmm, probably. We wont be able to see each other and hang out as much as we both want to. Remember there was a time when we hanged out a lot, when I had more time? (before he started having jet-setting life-style)

It has been a week after the bombshell was dropped. I have been given ample time to decide. My life has been progressing well, especially career wise. Yet I owe my daughter a chance to try living in Malaysia. My Sifus are against with the idea. They believe I have a shot to make my mark here. Getting a job back home is easy, what matters is finding one which balances my role as a mother and a career driven woman.

I am prepared to let go of what I build so far here to give my daughter a chance to be happier. Then again, like my brother said, "I dont want you to sacrifice what you have for uncertain future and unfulfilled expectations."

The bombshell is certainly not making my decision easier, especially when I have many reasons to say yes.

Give me a reason to say no...

It rained heavily tonight, perhaps marking the commencement of the holy month. A few years ago exactly in the same month, when I faced the most difficult decision to make, I asked The One Above to give me guidance on what to do. It was the lowest point of my life. Now, again when I am torn for a good reason, I hope He can give me some answers....

6 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

I love the movie...predictable but McDreamy was hot hot hot! Hehehe...Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan to you and mini B :))

Ms B said...

The problem when we have a 'McDreamy' is that we will always melt in his presence. Everything about him is hot, both inside and outside.

Susah susah... Maybe I need retail theraphy. *winks*

Salam ramadhan to u too!

Unknown said...

huh? mcdreamy?
mcsteamy is a lot better!
heheheh
anyway,
that was the toughest decision...
career and family..
which one goes first...
sighhh

Ms B said...

Hi doc,

hmmm....actually I have both! Not to mention a Tom aka the best friend, the guy who is always in the company of beautiful women. Yet I'm the one who is a Hannah to him.

Whatever it is, I will always put my daughter first. Followed by my career as it provides stability to both of us. I dont rely nor expect from anyone, as proven many times that they often fail us.

Anonymous said...

Selamat menyambut Ramadhan Ms B! I hope this blessed Ramadhan will give you the answers you need...

long daylight this year rite? ;)

Ms B said...

Momster,

Thanks dear! I hope this month will give me some guide in this "colourful" tunnel of my life. *winks*

Yeah...long day light indeed. Reminds me of the time when I was in the Land Down Under. Iftar after 9pm, coupled with the heat!