Friday, August 22, 2008

Of being a mother

My mother cried, asking for forgiveness if she has made me worried with her problems as she feels my burdens are greater than hers and for not being able to be there for me whenever I face a challenge...

I whispered to her ears, "mummy, you know I am strong.. All I need is your prayers."

My girl saw my tears, the first in a long time. Later in the car while driving, I could hear her crying. I turned back and saw her tears rolling down on her cheeks..

I held her tiny hands and said, "remember, we will always have each other. Dont be sad and dont worry about me. As long as we are together, Allah will always protect us."

Being strong is not an option to me....it is a must...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Ms B,

Oh wow! What your mom did is so touching.

For a mom to ask for forgiveness from her own child, that makes her big in my eyes. I believe one must not be bothered about age or seniority or status when it comes to admitting mistakes or shortcomings. That attitude laced with humility in asking for forgiveness, draw people closer together & arrive at better understanding & connection for both.

Oh talking about lil Ms B. I missed her this time around, you too. As I said in the mail, HIM up above knows best. We learn how to accommodate one another along the way with mistakes & all, for as long as we mean well towards each other. That's my philosophy.

As for D, sure she will understand. We both struggled trying to match our preferred day & time.

Have a good flight home. Hugs.

Ms B said...

Ruby dear,

If you remember my background, I spend little time with mom. She wishes she can do more for me, just like any other mom. As the only daughter, I too wish that I can be there for her but for now, my priority is my lil girl.

Ah, Mini Ms B has grown up, as what most friends commented. A friend said that she now can carry her own conversation with anyone (just like when she met you). Another friend said she carries the whole 'British' atmosphere, to the extent that people stop, look and pause. Even my relatives were mesmerized with her elegance.

Thank u for the kind words.. The One above knows whats best for me and her.

Take care dear!