Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The chase

Meredith: It’s the chase, isn't it?
Derek: What?
Meredith: The thrill of the chase. I've been wondering to myself, why are you so hell-bent on getting me to go out with you? You know you're my boss. You know it’s against the rules. You know I keep saying no. It’s the chase.
Derek: Well it's fun, isn't it?
Meredith: You see! This is a game to you, but not to me. Because, unlike you, I still have something to prove.

Recently I said to someone, that I was tired being chased. Sometimes I cant stop feeling that I am just a trophy. Sometimes I wish they see beyond all that, I am still a person.

They say be careful of what you wish for...

Recent events led me to a new plan, which probably works best for me and my girl. So I set up my mind to focus on the new plan and enough with the roller coaster, so to speak. Up until today when a bombshell was dropped.

Any sane single woman would probably want to be in my shoes at the moment. But here’s a thought, how do I go back to where I left behind? It was hard enough to pull myself and put the broken pieces together. I have moved on. I have a new plan. I am willing to give up what I have here in order to give Malaysia a chance to be a home for me and lil. Somehow my life functions better without a man in the picture (I meant a serious partner. I still look forward to the company of yummilicious men. *winks*)

Just when I thought my life couldn’t get any more exciting.

ps: I hope there is no more drama this week. If it happens, I need another holiday, probably a trip to Tuscany. *rolling eyes*

2 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

So when ru coming back to Msia? :)

On the thrill of the chase, I think some men only chase after something which is not easily attainable. It's their nature I suppose.

Ms B said...

Hopefully in 18 months time. Thats my deadline. Give Malaysia a try. I should be able to be a Lady of Leisure for a few months (years even) but I'm sure by one month, I'd go back to work. The job is there, it is a matter of choosing the right one.

The chase and the trophy... And it turns me off when one starts saying that I choose him over the other. For crying out loud, this is not a competition!

Deep down I just want someone who sees me as a person.