Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Moving on

As much as I missed writing, I just didn’t have the mood to do so. My mind has been wandering afar and it didn’t help much when I had additional travel time over the past few weeks, leaving me lost further in my own thoughts. The scenery usually leads me to day dream, a habit which I find it hard to shake off even at this age. I suppose it doesn’t help when your child shares similar interest. Well, she’s a kid. Thus she’s expected to day dream as often as she wants. I wonder my excuse for doing so.

I wish it could settle down, but I guess it requires some peace and quiet, which I’m lacking of these days.

Among the many thoughts that have been playing in my head is moving on. Perhaps the uniqueness of our circumstance leads to an easier way to cope with any change to our life. I suppose the nature of our situation makes us to not be emotionally attached to anyone. I mean, we do but when there is a tendency for people to come and go, especially when you are surrounded by people in the same boat i.e. a traveller themselves, we tend to move on quicker than others. We make new friends or form new alliances (applicable at work in my case). After a while we realise life works just fine without those people who used to be in the picture.

Not long after we realise we no longer miss those people. They would probably be in our thoughts but that’s as far as it goes. Chances are there will be more gaps in the relationship, especially when things have changed a lot in our life.

Unless of course they happen to be people close to your heart. I’m sure if the lil one decides to further her studies away from mummy, we would probably invest much of our time in maintaining the bond.

At least that’s what I’m wishing and hoping for (and of course, day dreaming of).

8 comments:

toughcookie said...

i like what you wrote... rings true on many of the points.

D said...

hmmm... same thoughts here. I often try to snap myself out of some of the thoughts by thinking of the rewards in the hereafter.... just to pacify myself. :)

n.i. said...

take care!

Jumper said...

Remember the song 'You're always on my mind'. I think the word 'always' flows well with the melody; but it's meaning has never been the case for daydreamers like you and me. No one in particular ever stick in the mind, with the changes and the gaps you mentioned. Not even the loved ones, but they stay in the radar among many other assorted thoughts. Really, there's no need to justify the reasons for daydreaming, so long you stay away from the dark and depressive channels. It can be fun and inspirational and it simply kills time for both the little and the old ones, too :-)

And by the way, it's a great pleasure reading what others day dream about...

Ms B said...

TC,

I just felt like writing that piece. anyway, glad to know u enjoyed ur trip. The lil one looks so gebu! *grins*

Ms B said...

D,

I find it hard to snap. In fact, at times I feel i can even write a few episodes. *smiles*

we make do what we can to move forward.

Ms B said...

n.i.,

thanks. hope ur library project goes well.

Ms B said...

jumper,

speaking like a true dreamer. thanks for the kind words. usually my dreams are pretty sweet and occasionally involve people like orlando bloom or patrick dempsey (when things go down the hill!) always nice to add cream to the cake.