Sunday, May 10, 2009

Home is where.....

the heart is, or is that so?

Some people feel that a place defines us, or more importantly, our happiness. Perhaps the vibes and the atmosphere of a location shape our personality and to a certain extent, affect our emotions.
Yet I wonder, does it really matter where we live as long as we have our loved ones by our side? Surely it does not, unless of course we are referring to places which are out of the equation for good reasons. If that’s the case, then it makes sense that we just go there on our own and leave our loved ones behind.

Before I came here, I never knew whether I could make it. Despite I had visited this country before and everyone kept saying how great the city was, it didn’t stop me from worrying as I knew the situation, or more precisely, the challenges I would be facing.

Yet somehow, I knew things will be alright as I had her.

As I told someone today, home is where the heart is. It doesn’t matter where our journey takes me and her as long as we have each other, although I think it will certainly add topping to the ice cream if the place has anything related to Hannah Montanna. No, I have to rephrase. Hannah Montanna items are definitely part of the requirements.

I believe if we have our loved ones by our side, things will work out better than we’d imagine. I have seen many friends triumphed their way through when they lived in a foreign place, even if it wasn’t accommodating to their needs.

If somehow it is better and practical to live apart (as I know some of my MDs have to leave their family behind as the kids are facing their exams), I’m sure we look forward to the trip to spend time with them. The long haul journey feels smooth, the wooden house with only a bathroom to be shared by all looks fun, the cold freezing weather (or the opposite!) is welcomed with open arms, etc.

It is when we contemplate to the journey to meet our “loved ones” that we should ask ourselves, where does our heart belong
..

9 comments:

n.i. said...

i totally agree! *wink*

Happy Mother's Day babe! *hugs* *kisses*

Kak Teh said...

Happy Mother's Day Ms B - enjoy your day with the lil one.

IDB said...

Happy mother's day to you!
i hope you're having a lovely weekend with your daughter and it's true,as long as you have your loved ones with you, you can live any part of the world!

Naz in Norway said...

Selamat Hari Ibu, MsB. Big hugs from me to you and your little girl :)

Hazia said...

Happy mother's day!
Where does our heart belong... that is a tricky question indeed:)

Ms B said...

n.i.,

Hope u had a lovely time yesterday.

kak teh,

same to you, tho we celebrated it a few weeks earlier.

Ms B said...

IDB,

thanks for dropping girl! I'm amazed that u hv the strength to blog hop! *grins*

U keep well and enjoy the moment.

Ms B said...

Naz,

selamat hari ibu to u too! I shall try to listen to the clip again when i'm at home.

Ms B said...

Hazia,

Thank u for the kind wish!

It's always tricky with the matters of the heart.