Thursday, April 23, 2009

Food for the soul

Of late, my buttons have been pushed too many times. I am beginning to feel the strain, to the extent that I feel I should get away for another break. My soul needs to be fed. Yet it has been barely a week that it had its meal; a trip to the Louvre Museum.

The lil one is an avid traveller. I remember how patient she was while I was trying to figure out my way around the metro system. Taking the train was an adventure for her. All she wanted was to see the Mona Lisa, thus explained on her patience level.

It feels like it was only yesterday that we took our 2nd trip on our own to the royal city in Southern Europe. The trip which took place three years ago sowed her seeds of interest in arts and history. Our hotel was centrally located, making it convenient to walk to the nearby tourist attractions. When we saw the palace, she requested to see inside. So I paid the entrance fee and off we went, exploring each chambers, looking at the treasures, painting etc. She was excited and eager to know the detail of each, asking me to read the description.

Her passion continued.

I remember one of the moments in the museum. She was sitting on a bench in the middle of the gallery. Her body was facing a painting which was next to the Raft of Medusa. She was reading the guide with a serious look on her face.

I captured the moment, somehow it felt not to be missed. It wasn’t the place that fed my soul, but rather having her by my side to share our interest.

I think I need that again.

*Ms B realised it will be a long weekend next week and contemplated whether they should go to the Vatican city or chill out at home and do DVD reruns. That was before she found out she’ll be on an away (stressful) job, leaving her the option to get another DVD box set and hibernate herself at home. She hopes it won’t evoke unnecessary emotions as she tends to get carried away watching soap dramas.*

12 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

MsB,
You're a good mom to miniB. I love it when you write about her because you use such soft and tender words. Simply lovely...

Anonymous said...

it's lovely to be able to share the same interest! and when you describe miniB, i always tend to imagine her to be much much older! :)

Kak Teh said...

Ms B, I remember the long queue to see the Mona Lisa - and all because our youngest wanted to see it before we left Paris. I think, it is good that we indulge them when they are genuinely interested in something.
Thanks for murtabak, but you shd have stayed for the nasi lemak! Its to die for!

IDB said...

you lil one is very lucky to have a mom who has the same interest as her! she's very lucky to be exposed to art at a very young age.

a trip to the vatican city does sound like a brilliant plan actually, maybe you should??

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

sometimes kan.. your entry can be a mini handbook on how to be a supermom..

;)

enjoy your blessed life! :)

Ms B said...

Naz,

I believe she brings out the best out of me. *smiles*

Ms B said...

Momster,

Oh no! pls dont tell her that she is older. There goes my baby. Else, i have to revamp her wardrobe to Hannah Montanna. *rolling eyes*

Ms B said...

Kak Teh,

We were lucky that there wasnt a queue to see her. My girl is indeed fortunate to be exposed to such at a tender age. Probably thats' why it is easy for us to go to any trips.

ah, dont mention. wish i could stay for nasi lemak too. maybe next time.

Ms B said...

IDB,

I think we are both lucky to have each other. *smiles* Tho there is one thing she knows i will never be good at. Arts! Her creativity is wayyyyy much better than me.

Wish i could dear but my deadline is so tight that I think next weekend will be spent on catching up on sleep and rest.

Melb said...

staying home wont be so bad.. bored? go buy a handbag! definitely you'll be happy..

Ms B said...

Jane,

ur comment reminds me of a trip to the book shop with her friend. While she looked at a book on super mom/yummy mummy etc, she suddenly said, "maybe u shud write one".

hey... that's what this space for! *winks*

hv a good weekend Jane!

Unknown said...

Hello Ms B! :D
i bet seeing the mini B having good time is a therapy of its own lah, even though that's not exactly the place you want to have a good time at :D