Sunday, April 05, 2009

Dangerous delight

Oh dear, where do I begin?

I am aware of the lack of writing for the past few weeks. Time was indeed not on my side. When they did, my juice couldn’t flow as much as I wanted, thus I left the idea trapped inside my head. I realise how much I miss writing and I’m not talking any random entry to fill up the space (although I must admit most of them weren’t unrelated. You just have to be clever enough to read in between the lines, and I know most of you do. *winks*).

First of all, we had a girls’, or perhaps mothers’ night out. I cant remember the last time I had this much of fun. The concert was awesome! If a genie grants me a wish, I would happily ask for a night of passion with Mr Mraz. All I want is for him to serenade me all night long. *dreamy eyes* Although, I dont think I’d mind if he wants to strip tease as well. He does have a lean body and not too muscular, just the way I like them. *winks*

Reality wise, my social life has improved. I try to squeeze some “me time” and sometimes we adjust to our circumstances, thus the kids tag along. Thankfully, all girls have the same wavelength. Moms and kids enjoy books and coffee, which makes the outing easier. Yet, on that topic i.e. social life, my friends would probably be more interested on the dates, if any. Actually, that would be the main topic in most of our conversations, as far as I can recall.

I had. Although one was technically coffee with a new friend without the presence of other friends, thus I am unsure whether it qualified as a date. Nevertheless, it is refreshing to hang out with another human being. Ok, an adult, preferably male.

Coffee didn’t come easily. I took me awhile to digest that it was in the menu but as I am bad at reading signs, I had to ask friends whether it was. A smack was given of course. It was clear that coffee was intended without others tagging along.

One day, out of the blue, I finally said yes. I blamed it on the pressure I had at work which led me to such reckless act. I knew how he looked like as we’ve met a few times before, both of us in our plain Jane and John mode. As I got off from the lift, I saw a guy smartly dressed in his suit searching for a familiar face. Our eyes met and we smiled. It wasn’t what I expected. The suit emphasised his features and I realised how good looking he was. For awhile, I had to catch my breath and regained my composure.

Coffee went surprisingly well that both of us lost track of time. I suppose I should thank this bold side of mine. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have had a good time and would keep on guessing his age, which by the way, wasn’t as young as I expected.

Perhaps, once in a while, we should be reckless in our journey. For all we know it might turn out to be a dangerous delight.

6 comments:

n.i. said...

ooh la la!!!!! glad u had fun :-)

Anonymous said...

wooohoooo... u go girl! :)

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

good thing sometimes comes unexpected

:)

p/s : spotted u r using the word 'wavelength' there.. hehe

Ms B said...

n.i.,

indeed i did. unexpected twist of tales. *grins*

ps: how's the attire selection going?

Ms B said...

momsters,

it was impromptu. my stress level that day reached the top of the roof that i just seized the day. *grins*

but yeah.. the atmosphere and of course, the company, were great.

ps: go to the spa and unwind.

Ms B said...

jane,

exactly my point. we women tend to analyse too much. sometimes we just have to let our hair down and have fun.

he he he... this is the physic talking eh?